We are currently recruiting for Java Software Engineers to develop the supporting framework and tools for the management and maintenance of this IoT testbed, which will utilise Java EE based IoT platforms such as WSO2.
The ideal candidate should have an MSc or MEng in computer science, electronic engineering, or related field. As development of this backend system will touch on all parts of the project, a successful candidate will be expected to shape its development, and source requirements from other engineers and researchers within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Development of a backend server for heterogeneous IoT device management.
- User login authentication and authorization based on standard IoT platforms such as WSO2.
- A web interface to select available nodes in the testbed and to create and schedule tasks and testing jobs.
- An interface to select appropriate radio access technology (RAT) or multiple RATs to support parallel testbed activities such as multiple experiments, testbed remote firmware update, testbed configuration commands etc.
- Derive and assess policies for performing role based control of access to testbed resources based on the state of the testbed, available resources and role of the user/applications.
- Evaluate the above using emulation of the different IoT platform configuration/states with dummy or test IoT applications and services.
- Monitoring and analytics plugins for generating and visualising testbed key performance indicators.
- WSO2 or similar Java EE platforms (Karaf, JBoss, Mule ESB, etc…)
- Build automation Apache Maven
- Knowledge of the OSI/IP networking stacks
- UDP/TCP socket programming
- Queueing and messaging protocols (MQTT, AMQP, REST, CoAP, DDS)
- Databases (InfluxDB, PostgreSQL, SQL)
- Docker containers
- Linux (general familiarity)
- Experience with wireless communications technologies (Bluetooth, IEEE 802.15.4, LTE, WiFi)
- Microservice development/deployment approaches
- Linux bash scripting
- Familiarity with embedded programming
- Web Development (HTML, CSS, Angular, Node)
Applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: IWN2019-SE. Requests for further information can also be made via this email address
Salary £40K to £50K depending on experience plus a generous benefit package.