Open Rank positions (Professor to Lecturer) in Management
We are looking to appoint several open rank posts. We hope to appoint faculty who will contribute to our growing strength in sustainable development in business. Ideally candidates will have a portfolio that includes both world-leading publications and impact. Additional criteria for each level are listed below.
The Department of Management
We are equally committed to advancing theory and working with industry to achieve practical solutions to their most important issues. Research focuses on: Leadership, Well-being, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour, Marketing and Tourism. The Department is home to the Exeter Centre for Leadership. A multidisciplinary group that works closely with corporations, government departments, the armed forces and the not-for-profit sector to inform policy, practice and academic theory. Key areas of focus are Relational Leadership, Leading Change, and Leadership, Health and Well.
The University of Exeter Business School
At University of Exeter Business School we have ambitious growth plans. Over the next five years we aim to increase international student numbers by more than 500. As well as expand the programmes we offer, we plan to grow new partnerships with businesses and international institutions and boost our reputation on a global scale. The Business School's growth in teaching and research is a priority for the University and we have significant investment to expand our offering so that we can achieve excellence as one of the leading Business Schools in the UK and the World.
For a Lecturer post you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Business/Management or related areas and have an independent, internationally-recognised research programme in a relevant active field of research
- A track record in ABS four-star refereed publications, or demonstrate potential to do so
- A strong record in attracting funding for research, or demonstrate potential to attract such funding
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- The attitude and ability to engage in continuous professional development
For Senior Lecturer
, in addition to the above, you will have:
- A strong potential for research leadership
- A track record in ABS four-star refereed publications and success in significant grant capture
- Relationships with external organisations and funders/ and knowledge and experience of key sectors or business challenges
- Strong connections with business, government and/or civil society organisations
- Involvement in projects which develop impact.
level appointments, in addition to the above, you will have:
- Strong research leadership
- Be a leading authority in your academic field with an international reputation, as evidenced by research publications, sustained funding as principal investigator and PhD supervision as well as other esteem indicators.
- Have experience of making significant contribution to the development and clarification of research strategy for your subject area
- Contribute to the development of our educational programmes and to the overall student experience.
Please ensure you read our Job Descriptions and Person Specificatiosn for full details of the positions.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the post please contact Professor Alexandra Gerbasi (email: email@example.com
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 41 days leave per year
- Options for flexible working
- Numerous discounts at leading retailers
- Onsite gyms on all of our campus' and a cycle to work scheme
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- Stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.