Hours: 35 per week
Contract: Fixed term - March 2021 - February 2022
Location: Home-based with some travel to Swansea University
Main Purpose of the Post
The Development and Engagement section of MRID is a high performing team working to maintain and enhance the University’s fundraising and development aspirations. The team are dedicated to the growth and prosperity of the University by raising awareness and showcasing University activity, developing key relationships with individuals, organisations and partners, and through raising philanthropic gifts from alumni and supporters of the University.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, lead and implement a successful Fundraising and Development Strategy for the University ensuring there is ownership of the strategy across the University.
- Manage the University –wide alumni and stakeholder engagement plan to further the ambitions of the University for example, student recruitment and employability.
- Manage the corporate events plan and corporate events management strategy for the University.
- Support and lead where appropriate, the development of strategies such as Sports and Arts.
- To manage the attraction of appropriate sponsorship for key University events and ensure delivery against sponsorship agreements.
Please see the attached job description for full details.
- Demonstrable evidence of creating a culture that delivers successful outcomes through people, developing and challenging teams to succeed and take pride in delivering professional services and solutions.
- Ability to enable teams to work together and across functions to deliver successful outcomes that exceed the needs and expectations of customers, and in creating environments that demonstrate equality, foster trust, respect and challenge.
- Demonstrable experience of creating environments that identify, understand and give priority to delivering the needs of the customer, and in motivating and inspiring teams to provide the highest standards of personalised care
- Degree or significant relevant work experience
- Postgraduate or relevant professional qualification.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Successful track record in stakeholder engagement at a high level
- Thorough understanding of the development and fundraising techniques
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with ability to present complex issues in a focused, succinct, professional and persuasive manner
- Practiced relationship builder, influencer and negotiator with the collaboration and co-ordination skills
- Strong project management skills and coordination of a number of stakeholders, relationships and projects with multiple deadlines
- Commercial experience and confidence in dealing with aspects of fundraising
- Proven and demonstrable experience of developing and implementing plans and strategies
There is no need for applicants to live locally or to relocate to Swansea. The entire Development and Engagement team is currently working successfully and productively online and from home.
There may be occasions when the post-holder is needed on campus, but these will be agreed in advance to allow for the post-holder to make appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements.
Informal enquiries: For informal enquiries, please contact Rachel a Thomas, Head of Development & Engagement on:. Rachel.A.Thomas@Swansea.ac.uk