|Salary:||£27,511 to £30,046 with potential progression once in post to £33,797. Grade 6|
|Placed On:||31st August 2021|
|Closes:||20th September 2021|
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,511 to £30,046, with potential progression once in post to £33,797
Closing date – 20th September 2021
There are 2 positions available
We are a full-service agency at the University of Birmingham.
The work we do is across a variety of audiences, numerous clients and sectors – not only education but also arts and entertainment, B2B, charity and construction.
We deliver high quality, innovative solutions across creative, design, digital, media and in print.
This role is key to the agency’s success, developing multi-media creative ideas across a variety of disciplines for high profile and/or strategically important projects. The postholder will have a specialism in design to lead our creative offering to respond to client needs now and in the future.
Summary of Role
You will be responsible for leading the generation of creative ideas for multi-discipline campaigns - producing the very best solutions to help solve client challenges.
You will be responsible for developing ideas and concepts to respond to a brief with an open mind – including but not limited to design, media, digital and in print. You will have the support of specialists in digital and media to help in making big ideas a reality, however you will be able to ideate cross-discipline and have a passion for creative no matter what the discipline.
You will work with the internal creative team and external suppliers to create content, as well as producing content yourself.
You will be passionate about creative, digital media and technology, keep abreast of the latest innovations and trends, continuously develop your skillset and pro-actively put forward ideas to support clients’ challenges and drive business growth.
• A degree level qualification in a relevant area or equivalent qualifications or relevant equivalent work experience in graphic design, digital and media
• A high level of experience with industry standard packages, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Aftereffects, InDesign Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Acrobat and Presentation software, as well as Microsoft Office/PowerPoint to create, edit and post produce content and assets - including concepting, brand creation, brand identity, brand guidelines and development, print design, animation, storyboarding, motion graphics
• A thorough understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards
• Knowledge of website interface design and usability, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver
• Experience of using Content Management Systems and publishing web content using a CMS
• Good understanding of web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) accessibility regulations and creating with accessibility in mind so that all online content meets or exceeds AA legal accessibility guidelines
• Moderate skills to be able to produce basic animations, films (e.g. talking heads), social media videos and photography
• Pitch experience, copy writing skills, awareness of 3D and XR are desirable
• Significant proven experience in industry, agency experience is essential
• A passion for creating content and continuously developing knowledge and skillset
• Confident communicator, able to clearly convey complex ideas or technical details and sell them to the client and internally
• Knowledge of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010, and how to actively ensure in day to day activity in own area that those with protected characteristics are treated equally and fairly.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.
Type / Role: