Contractual Hours: 5.5 hours per day, 5 days a week, between 1.00pm to 6:30PM Monday to Fridays (may include occasional Saturdays)
About Performers College and BIMM Group
Performers College is one of the UKs longest standing and most prestigious specialist training providers of Performing Arts Education and is part of the wider BIMM Group of colleges. BIMM, the British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Brighton, Bristol, Dublin, Manchester, Berlin, Birmingham and Hamburg – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe. In Performing Arts alongside Performers College, BIMM includes ICTheatre Brighton and ICTheatre Manchester.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic experienced, dynamic professional with a reception management and education administrative background which will enable them to take on a key role in providing high quality customer service to all students, staff, guests, visitors and stakeholders at Performers College.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all students, tutors, and visitors to Performers College/MPA, and will have an open friendly approachable manner and attitude, providing great customer service always. Working within the reception team, the role will involve dealing with a high volume of calls and face to face interactions and responding to all queries in a timely and informative manner. The Receptionist will work as a member of the team to manage all enquiries for auditions, short courses, and the general day to day bustle of a busy reception area. You will need to ensure an efficient front of house is always maintained. The role will also involve assisting departments with administrative duties as required.
• Friendly open disposition with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
• Able to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a small team
• An ability to work from own initiative and keep busy and focused at quieter times
• Excellent attention to detail
• Flexible approach
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Reliable with excellent time keeping and time management
• Educated to degree level
• Experience in a customer facing role
• Experience in Education
• Data entry skills
• Knowledge and interest in Performing Arts
• Dealing with all queries at the reception desk and on the phone, as well as off-site at events and gigs if required
• Responding to tutor and visitor needs as they arise quickly and efficiently referring to team members when required
• Asking for ID cards for all visitors and students coming into Performers College/MPA premises
• Working in accordance with GDPR and being aware of privacy and confidentiality of student’s data and details
• Keeping a visitor’s book and providing visitors with visitor’s badges
• Updating Performers College/MPA systems with student personal details throughout the year
• Producing letters to confirm student status
• Updating student attendance and absence data on registers daily working closely with Student Support to refer on concerns
• Assisting Student Support and Admin teams where necessary and appropriate
• Managing rehearsal room bookings when needed
• Ensuring all paperwork is available for students as required (assessment days, open days, absence etc.)
• Maintain up to date student information boards in student common rooms and around Performers/MPA College
• Ensuring telephone calls are always answered efficiently and politely, and ensure the callers request is dealt with as soon as possible and messages are taken and passed on immediately
• General willingness to help with other office-related tasks to support administrative processes
• Keeping reception area tidy and organised always
• Removing out of date posters, flyers and refreshing printer paper, leaflets, and information as required
• Covering lunch breaks and holiday of reception team across sites
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The Receptionist may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by and agreed with the Board of Directors.
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
We encourage applications from black and minority ethnic candidates who are underrepresented in our organisation.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.
|Placed On:||13th October 2021|
|Closes:||26th October 2021|
Type / Role: