|Salary:||UCL Grade 7. The salary range will be £36,770 - £44,388 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance|
|Placed On:||25th November 2021|
|Closes:||2nd December 2021|
This position is for 12 months commencing in January 2022.
Housed under the aegis of UCL’s Institute of Advanced Studies, the Sarah Parker Remond Centre for the study of racism and racialisation (SPRC) invites applications from early career academics for a position as Postdoctoral Fellow in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (AHSS). This Fellowship will support a scholar whose work explores the articulation of racism and racialisation with gender relations. This work can be conducted from any discipline or combination of disciplines in the broad fields of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. The SPRC intends to encourage a talented early career researcher in this area by fostering their professional development towards an academic position. Their programme of work will be supported providing a mentor and other opportunities to contribute to the Centre’s ongoing work. The Fellow is expected to spend 25% of their time supporting, enhancing and extending the activities of the SPRC and the other 75% working towards a publication or publications deriving from their doctoral research project.
Main duties are to carry out a research project on a topic concerned with the articulation of racism, racialisation and gender relations in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and to produce the specified outputs (or equivalent alternatives agreed with the Director of SPRC), as set out in the Further Information section below. To collaborate with colleagues in the SPRC, the IAS and the wider UCL community to foster synergies with other work on racism, racialisation and gender relations.
To work on developing publications from their doctoral research and/or a post-doctoral project, with the help of their mentor. To participate as an active member of the SPRC, and to contribute to seminars and other events aimed at public outreach and knowledge transfer. To comply with and promote UCL policies, including equality, diversity and inclusion policies and Fire and Health & Safety regulations. To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
This post is open to candidates with a completed PhD in Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences, that was awarded no more than 24 months before 4 January 2022.
This fellowship is intended for recently-examined PhD holders. The period of eligibility specified recognises the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the ability of some early career academics to make applications during the last academic year. Exemption from this criterion may be granted for reasons occurring after the date of the viva voce examination, for example: maternity leave, illness, family commitments etc. If you wish to apply for an exemption, please send an email to email@example.com and we will review these on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants should apply online. To access further details about the position and how to apply please click on the ‘Apply’ button above.
If you have any other questions about the post, please contact the SPRC Administrator, Kaissa Karhu: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type / Role: