Location: Lancaster University International Study Centre (https://www.lancasterisc.com/)
Anticipated start: Early 2022
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is looking for an English and Academic Skills Coordinator, a pivotal role to the successful running of this establishment, known for its cutting edge technology and variety of innovative teaching methods.
As coordinator you will lead a team of English tutors, ensuring that all English and Academic Skills modules across all courses and programmes, at Foundation and Pre-Masters level, are delivered to agreed standards, follow the agreed curriculum and utilise agreed assessment modes, resulting in the best possible outcomes for students and the best possible student experience.
- Lead and motivate a team of English tutors to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience on English and Academic Skills modules.
- In conjunction with the Centre Leadership team, develop and implement an approach to learning, teaching and assessment that inspires students and provides an appropriate learning journey in meeting their development needs and preparation for university study.
- Contribute to partnership development with Lancaster University academics and leaders to enhance students’ academic preparedness and transition to university study.
- Plan and oversee the design and delivery of all English, and Academic Skills modules, ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience, holding regular team meetings and student focus groups to review and inform planning and development.
- Allocate teaching resources for English, and Academic Skills according to scheduling guidelines, ensuring that teaching and learning activities are planned and resources allocated according to set deadlines and that these are planned and delivered efficiently both within agreed budgets and to meet operational margins.
- Oversee the production of documentation for English and Academic Skills, including course outlines, module handbooks, schemes of work and teaching and learning materials, including use of online materials available via the VLE.
- Bachelor’s degree (essential)
- Relevant Teaching qualification (essential, DELTA, TEFL, MA Linguistics)
- Leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment (essential)
- Experience of leading a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets (essential)
- Experience of teaching English to international students in UK Higher or Further Education
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, we are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please