British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor.
For more details, please visit our website at https://www.buv.edu.vn/
We are inviting experienced candidates with international qualifications to apply for a faculty position, at one of the following ranks, depending on qualification and experience, specialised in Cyber Security/Cloud Technology/Computer Games Design and Programming.
ASSOCIATE LECTURER - Teachers with academic experience (enrolled in PhD)
LECTURER - Teachers with academic experience (with PhD)
SENIOR LECTURER - Teachers with academic and research experience (with PhD)
- PhD or Doctoral qualifications and Master’s degree in a relevant discipline area from an internationally recognized institution
- In-depth understanding of own specialism to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field.
- Research experience
- Evidence of high-quality publications or other outputs in research or practice.
- Experience of research and evidence of up-to-date research activity.
- Demonstrable ability to lead research projects, win bids, and generate income.
- Experience teaching at postgraduate levels
- Currently enrolled in a PhD/Doctoral programme and Master’s degree in a relevant discipline area from an internationally recognised institution.
For all positions:
- Ideally at least 3 years university or undergraduate teaching experience in related field having taught programmes where instruction is 100% English.
- Higher education teaching qualification, recognition, accreditation, or willingness to work towards this.
- Sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching programmes and the provision of learning support.
- Knowledge of higher education and ability to use a range of up-to-date delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students.
- Understanding of equal opportunity issues as they may impact on academic content and issues relating to student needs.
- Experience of teaching, curriculum development and quality assurance and enhancement in an HE environment (Desirable for Associate Lecturers)
- Evidence of a positive impact at a discipline or programme level beyond own teaching (Desirable for Associate Lecturers)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clean police record
- Evidence of excellent teaching identified by peer review.
- Experience of living and working in Vietnam/Asia
- Experience of the Unity Engine and C# or the Unreal Engine and Blueprints and experience in AI OR a background in networking, biometrics, cloud, or cyber security.
Original certificates and degrees (degree and teaching certificates; CRB or other police checks) for work permit purposes will be required on arrival in Vietnam.
- Highly competitive salary package for Vietnamese and expatriate candidates depending on qualifications/experience;
- Annual cost of living adjustment, salary increases and bonuses based on performance;
- Recognition & awards programmes;
- Paid time-off;
- Healthcare plan;
- Flexible working arrangements;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV and application letter indicating for which position you are applying to email@example.com.
The University is committed to ensuring equality and diversity in all activities, to creating a work environment that is free from harassment, intimidation and any other forms of bullying at work where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and professional courtesy.