|Salary:||£54,980 to £63,709|
|Placed On:||29th November 2022|
|Closes:||12th December 2022|
Salary: £54,980 - £63,709
Closing Date: 12 December 2022
Reference Number: 016802
- ABOUT US -
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
- THE ROLE -
The School of Arts and Humanities at Ulster University now wishes to appoint a Senior Lecturer and Course Director to lead our new BSc in Games Design and Development at our Magee campus in Derry/Londonderry. The is a key post that will support the ambitions of the School and University to grow the provision at our Magee campus and contribute to the rapid growth of the creative industries in Northern Ireland. You will teach into and lead an exciting new department based in Ulster University’s Northwest campus to support the significant growth of the games industry in the region. You will also contribute to Research and Impact and link with other Academic and Technical Support staff in the wider Ulster Screen Academy.
The School of Arts and Humanities is looking to both enhance and support its learning and teaching capabilities whilst augmenting its existing subject offerings at Magee. You will help shape through subject expertise an evolving curriculum in a course that will be highly practical and industry facing in the design and development of games. You may be an individual who has expertise in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Games Design and Development or cognate areas such as Animation or Deep Learning.
- ABOUT YOU -
The postholder will be required to hold:
- A Masters Qualification (MA/MFA/MDes/MSc) in Games Design, Games Development, Animation, Visual Communication, Interactive Media, or Computer Science degree.
- First or upper second-class honours degree in Games Design, Games Development, Animation, Visual Communication, Interactive Media, or cognate Computer Science degree and significant demonstrable industry experience equivalent.
- BENEFITS -
- Competitive salary.
- Generous annual leave entitlement promoting a healthy work/life balance - plus, an additional 15 days per year when then university is closed.
- Enrolment in USS pension scheme – employer contribution of 21.1%
- An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life.
- An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity.
- Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months free gym membership at either the Jordanstown, Coleraine, or Magee Campus).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint, Avaya, feeding your passion for IT.
- Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes.
- Athena Swan Statement -
Ulster University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education, read more on our website.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from those with disabilities. Appointment will be made on merit.
Type / Role: