About the Role
- Ensuring compliance with the Groups related policies and procedures, providing guidance and support / advice as required.
- Continuously improving processes and practices to ensure a streamlined, efficient and effective Health and Safety service.
- Provide managers with guidance and advice to enable them to handle routine health and safety issues.
- Investigate accidents and incidents and track and report these to various committees.
- Produce trend analysis, etc. and producing statistics for inclusion in statutory returns and internal reports.
- Attend and contribute to Health and Safety Committees and other groups as required.
- Undertaking full Health and Safety audits and inspections within the Group.
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements.
- Acting as the key point of contact for the College/Campuses managers on any health and safety related matters.
What You Will Do
The person appointed will be enthusiastic, well-organised and resourceful individual who enjoys a challenge and working within a busy team. If you are able to demonstrate that you have a proactive and positive approach, the ability to work accurately while responding to rapidly changing situations and have experience of completing tasks to expected standards while meeting tight deadlines.
- Must have the NEBOSH General Certificate
- Extensive previous experience of working in a Health & Safety role preferable at advisor level
- Must be able to interpret legislation, rules and standards and apply them effectively
- Be able to develop and deliver Health & Safety training as required
- Be able to react to emerging Health and safety issues within the correct manner
- Able to understand complex issues around health & safety to identify and solve problems
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to influence other stakeholders
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.