Contract type: Full time (37.5 hours per week) – Fixed Term (09/07/2025)
This is an exciting job opportunity where you’ll join the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Team as STEM Tutor. You will be teaching both medium classes and small seminars for international students studying in our Level 3 International Foundation Year. For this academic year, we are employing a blended learning approach, meaning that you will be expected to deliver sessions both on campus and online via Zoom. You will also be required to interact with students via our VLE and therefore will need to be confident using technology. You’ll have the opportunity to work in an autonomous environment where student-centred, innovative lessons are encouraged.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. To be successful in this job role, you’ll be a confident tutor that understands the needs of learners and encourages independent learning. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing, then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be required to make sure all the administrative tasks associated with full-time tutors are completed on time and meet the highest standards.
Student learning experience
- Ensure the module teams implement the modules to the module and programme specifications, academic calendar and module deadlines and requirements to ensure the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Assist in producing a set of agreed documentation for each course and module including course outlines, module handbooks, schemes of work and teaching material. Review documentation regularly for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Ensure that all assessments for agreed modules in the subject area are prepared in a timely fashion to agreed deadlines and are appropriate, fair, and secure.
- Support the Head of Subject to ensure all students on agreed modules receive effective assessment feedback.
- Support with the planning, and leading of standardisation, and moderation meetings.
- Support the Head of Subject in liaising with External Examiners for the subject area, providing information to External Examiner as required and responding to recommendations.
- Act as an Academic Mentor for one or more groups of students.
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session levels, and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of students’ attendance, engagement and performance.
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
Academic management and personal development
- Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
- Participate in the Centre and University governance structure, including attending all compulsory meetings.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities.
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area
- A Masters degree is desirable
- Relevant Teaching Qualification.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience teaching in the UK Higher or Further education sector and preferably a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students.