We are seeking an exceptional individual with passion for promoting excellence in the areas of research and commercialisation to join the School of Medicine, Dundee.
We invite applications from those with a marketing background, and with a knowledge of medicine/the sciences so that you can engage effectively with academic colleagues to promote the prestigious research the School is renowned for.
Reporting to the School Director of Business Development and Partnerships, you will work closely with a large, diverse School Professional Services team, clinical and non-clinical academics and professional colleagues based in the Directorates such as External Relations and Research and Innovation Services.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the School Director of Business Development and Partnerships, you will work closely with a large, diverse School of Professional Services team, clinical and non-clinical academics and professional colleagues based in the Directorates such as External Relations and Research and Innovation Services.
- Funder engagement - The post holder will work closely with colleagues in RIS and External Relations to further develop the commercialisation, research and industry marketing and engagement strategy with a view to significantly increasing external funding opportunities.
- Stakeholder engagement - The post holder will be expected to lead and also work with other colleagues within the School to deliver a schedule of events aligned to key school strategies of increasing commercial and research funding and improving the School and University brand on a national and international level.
- Communications - develop our corporate communications, advise on external and internal communications and work closely with the University’s External Relations and RIS teams.
- Participate in the outreach and recruitment activities of the School as well as contributing to academic administration.
- Press, Publicity, Marketing Working with colleagues in External Relations, the postholder will manage distribution of content through multiple channels and track and report on marketing metrics against the marketing plans.
- Work with the University Press Office in External Relations and relevant lead academic(s), to provide information for Press releases on school activities.
- Develop the School web presence for non-student focused content, ensuring this key external engagement tool optimises how we present our School to the world.
- Experience of developing a marketing and communications strategy for large complex area within the area of the sciences.
- Experience of content creation and copywriting with evidence of writing of compelling and concise copy for advertisements, press release articles and promotional materials.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools, including social media management, email marketing and SEO.
- Experience of event planning including coordinating, promotion, webinars, conferences and seminars.
- Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others effectively, and to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- Evidence of successful marketing and communications projects.
- Commitment to the values of the School of Medicine, University of Dundee.
Please see the job description for more information.
Informal inquiries are welcomed and can be made via: email@example.com
For further information about Research in the School of Medicine, please visit: www.dundee.ac.uk/medicine/research