|Salary:||£37,099 to £41,732 per annum|
|Placed On:||20th November 2023|
|Closes:||3rd December 2023|
The Education Data and Insight Team are based within the Education Administration Office. We’re a service team who provide operational reporting, management information, analysis and insight to a variety of stakeholders across the university. We perform a key role within the university, helping to drive forward decision-making and providing the evidence base for action or helping to change perceptions. We work closely with other data analysts in the university.
What will you be doing?
- Understand how the student lifecycle at the University of Bristol works. You’ll learn about operational processes and the data they generate, and how to turn that data into knowledge and insight.
- Provide great looking, easy to use and accessible reporting products that everyone in the university can tap into. You will transform raw data into impactful reports which help the division and the wider university make decisions. You’ll provide the information which answers questions: from the day-to-day such as “how many new students do we have this year?” to the strategic: “where are our largest student attainment gaps and how might we tackle them?”
- Support key operational processes. You’ll provide operational support for key processes throughout the year, including exam board reporting, registrations reporting, fee and FTE reporting, Alumni Discounts processing & engagement monitoring.
- Produce and support new self-service SSRS or Excel based reports for users. You’ll work in a small team writing and supporting reports for operational users to access information.
- Ensure all outputs are documented and quality checked. You’ll write and update technical documentation, and where necessary feed into training documentation. You will self review work to ensure it meets standard, as well as peer review work from other team members.
We have two roles available, one developing SSRS reports as part of a scrum team, the other working on Admissions related data, supporting existing reporting and developing new reporting tools using Excel and PowerBI.
You should apply if
- You’re highly numerate, with a good understanding of statistics. Someone with a mathematics or maths-related degree would thrive here.
- You’ve got a proven experience in analysing and visualising data using tools such as Excel Power Query and Power Pivot.
- You’ve got proven experience of using SQL to construct complex queries to extract data from relational databases.
- You’re comfortable presenting complex, technical information to non-technical audiences who want a quick, straightforward answer.
- You’re highly organised, work well under pressure and can manage a number of different tasks at the same time.
- You are aware, or have experience, of agile scrum methodology.
- You’ve got experience of using SSRS, PowerBI or other reporting tools to develop reports.
For informal queries, please contact James Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org
This advert will close at 23:59 GMT on 03/12/2023.
Our strategy and mission
We recently launched our strategy to 2030 tying together our mission, vision and values.
The University of Bristol aims to be a place where everyone feels able to be themselves and do their best in an inclusive working environment where all colleagues can thrive and reach their full potential. We want to attract, develop, and retain individuals with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives – particularly people of colour, LGBT+ and disabled people - because diversity of people and ideas remains integral to our excellence as a global civic institution.
Type / Role: