|Salary:||£40,521 to £54,395 per annum, pro rata|
|Placed On:||21st November 2023|
|Closes:||18th December 2023|
The Human Resources Division:
The University of Cambridge is one of the foremost global Universities and is widely recognised as a renowned centre for research, education, and scholarship. We employ more than 13,000 staff, approximately half of whom are academic or research staff and the other half are professional services staff. Our Human Resources (HR) Division supports the University to deliver its goals of excellence in education, learning and research via the recruitment, retention, reward, recognition, and development activities of our staff. We are entering an exciting period of change transforming the way in which we work.
We have a number of interim and permanent HR Business Partner (HRBP) opportunities at the University of Cambridge. As the HRBP aligned to a particular School or Non-School Institution (NSI), you will have responsibility for pro-actively supporting managers across the whole spectrum of HR practice. You will develop an in-depth knowledge of your area, to enable you to partner with key stakeholders to support the delivery of the strategic people priorities. In this busy and exciting role, you will develop and deliver innovative solutions and apply best practice to promote an inclusive and diverse culture. You will:
- Act as a central point of contact for managers to provide advice and guidance on a range of HR issues.
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of effective organisational change;
- Advise on and support complex employee relations cases;
- Proactively identify service improvements;
- Project work to deliver service improvements and initiatives;
- Coach and develop managers and colleagues on effective people practices;
What we will give you:
- An opportunity to be part of a large, experienced, supportive, and collaborative team;
- Excellent Pension scheme;
- Annual leave of 41 days per year (incl. bank holidays);
- A wide range of exciting learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent Employee benefits portal;
- Family-friendly policies.
What you will need:
A graduate level education and membership of the CIPD or equivalent experience;
- Significant experience in either a generalist or specialist advisory HR role, with operational experience of employment law, case management and organisational change management;
- Experience of advising and influencing senior managers on HR issues;
- A positive and flexible approach to problem solving at a strategic and operational level;
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, with strong communication skills;
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with experience of liaising with both internal and external customers;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to produce and present clearly articulated, well structured, concise reports;
- Experience of project planning and delivery.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure check and a security check.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for flexible and hybrid working arrangements
We particularly encourage candidates from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background to apply for this vacancy as they are currently under-represented at this level within our Division.
Further information is available via the link below.
Informal enquiries are welcomed and should be directed to: Rachel Green, Lead HR Business Partner at: Rachel.Green@admin.cam.ac.uk
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
Type / Role: