The Heads of Subject are entrusted with providing exemplary leadership and strategic direction to achieve outstanding student outcomes, ensuring quality assurance and enhancement endorsed by the QAA, and fostering curriculum innovation through robust collaboration with the University and the broader network.
This position demands full-time engagement and a physical presence at the center, where, as the Head of Business, Economics, Law, and Social Sciences, among other duties, you will mentor newer and junior colleagues to uphold high academic standards.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Communicate our vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve the aspirational targets for student outcomes.
- Communicate our vision for the development of the academic partnership with the host university, including appropriate articulation routes that maximise opportunities for recruitment to the college.
- Communicate our vision for the development of programme pathways to meet the overall strategic aims of the Centre as an effective, attractive, and high-quality pathway to UK HE.
- Contribute to planning and development including human resources; academic development; learning, teaching and assessment; and academic quality assurance and enhancement, as part of the Centre Leadership Team (CLT).
- Attend and actively contribute to relevant University partnership Boards and Committees, work with university colleagues through approved liaison points and report regularly on these through the deliberative and management structures.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and identify appropriate actions to solve problems and enhance delivery with the other Heads of Subject and the Senior Management Team.
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and co-ordination of staff resources across the academic and progression support teams in the ISC
- Ensure that the academic team meet key minimum expectations/compliance in their duties and provide feedback on their performance
- Taking responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, the accuracy and completeness of published information, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the centre.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Centre is fully compliant with Study Group’s, Surrey University’s
- Produce reports, analysis and evaluation for all internal and external scrutiny processes.
- Work closely with the other Heads of Subject and academic staff to ensure that appropriate, current and relevant subject.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE).
- A bachelor’s degree and a post graduate qualification.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience of working with international students
- Experience of data management and interpretation, and quality assurance.
- Experience of working across, up and down an organisation as well as with external partners.
- A sound understanding of UK higher education and experience
Study Group is proud of its high standards in safeguarding and recognises its importance in enabling the best possible student experience and outcomes. For successful applicants the following checks will be conducted- Criminal Background Check, x2 References, ID and Right to Work checks as well as Education Verification.