|Salary:||£36,382 to £42,149 p.a.|
|Placed On:||23rd November 2021|
|Closes:||6th December 2021|
Carmarthen Campus (with hybrid working and travel across other campuses)
£36,382 to £42,149 per annum
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is an employment-focused university, dedicated to ensuring students from diverse backgrounds develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to thrive.
Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol was established in 2011 to develop Welsh-language courses and resources for students in Wales.
We are now looking for a Branch Officer to join the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol at the Carmarthen campus for a fixed-term contract to cover a period of maternity leave. This is a full-time role, working 37 hours per week.
As a Branch Officer, you will ensure that Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol plans are implemented successfully across the University of Wales and awareness of branch activities is raised among university staff and students.
Engaging regularly with students, you will work closely with staff responsible for planning, promoting and maintaining Welsh and bilingual provision. In addition, you will be expected to communicate the branch mission and strategic plans to colleagues within the University.
You will provide assistance and support to University staff and students in developing the Welsh medium and bilingual provision, as well as co-ordinating grant applications, monitoring budgets and promoting the Welsh language.
As a Branch Officer, you will need:
- Experience of high level administration
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of working with multimedia platforms including websites and social media.
- The ability to work independently and proactively in various contexts without supervision
- An honours degree in a relevant discipline, equivalent professional qualification
- High level of competency in the Welsh language
- The ability to write reports and take minutes at a strategic level
Previous experience working with Customer Relationship Management systems, or involvement with the Welsh medium Higher Education sector would be beneficial to your application.
- Annual leave entitlement is 35 days’ annual leave per year (pro rata), plus 8 bank holidays and 4 University closure days
Our employees get access to a great pay and benefits package in recognition of their valued contribution including:
- Generous annual leave allowance including Christmas/New Year closure
- Pension scheme membership from USS to provide benefits for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, including additional paid maternity and paternity leave
- Support for mental health and wellbeing, including occupational health and counselling support services
- Staff discounts on a range of products and services
- Travel schemes, including the cycle to work scheme.
Other organisations may call this role Lecturer, Associate Lecturer, People Management Lecturer, or Human Resources Lecturer.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Branch Officer, please apply via the button shown.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Closing date: 6th December 2021, 11:59pm
Type / Role: