Business Development Manager x2
University of Westminster - Commercial Development & Business Support
|Salary:||£39,073 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.)|
|Placed on:||15th September 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
The University of Westminster is a leading institution based in central London. Thanks to its cutting-edge environment, it is producing pioneering, world-leading research, founded on partnerships with global industry and education institutions.
Significant investment is being made to support the achievement of strategic goals, which includes growth in income from products such as, but not limited to, consultancy, contract research and bespoke short courses. Several internationally-renowned professors have already been recruited and more will joining the university over the coming months to enhance existing strengths.
We are seeking to appoint up to two talented and highly motivated Business Development Managers to join an evolving and progressive department that has been established to drive forward the University of Westminster’s growth strategy in this area.
Whilst you will provide particular support to either the Westminster Business School or the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment you will provide support across the University to help achieve the aims of the Westminster 2020 strategy.
Specifically you will:
- be the primary access point for all business clients and academic staff providing a responsive sales and customer relationship management service.
- be responsible for identifying and qualifying good business opportunities for the University that you can then progress through the full sales cycle through to delivery and review and upsell.
- use management information and marketing intelligence to help inform faculty strategy via the integrated planning process
- have experience of working in a business or research development role – either in the private or Higher Education sector
- have a strong track record of identifying opportunities and generating income, particularly in the area of short and professional courses.
- Be able to influence and motivate colleagues from different disciplines and help them secure new business.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation to successfully
- the ability to balance multiple and conflicting priorities working under pressure to tight deadlines, while applying quality standards to all tasks.
Benefits include 35 days leave per year and a staff benefits package including a Season Ticket Loan, an excellent staff development programme, flexible working opportunities, a generous occupational pension scheme, annual incremental pay progression, generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave. For further information about careers and benefits at the University of Westminster, please click on the following link: http://www.westminster.ac.uk/about-us/careers-westminster/vacancies
Candidates are encouraged to apply by completing an online application form as early as possible as applications will be reviewed and potential candidates interviewed on a rolling basis up to the closing and interview date, respectively. The vacancy may be closed early, if a suitable candidate is selected before the final closing date.
Informal enquiries about the position may be made by email to Sue Tuttlebury email@example.com
A full job description and an online application form can be found at http://www.westminster.ac.uk/about-us/careers-westminster/vacancies. Please use Job reference number
Final interview: 03 November 2016
Administrative contact (for queries only): Recruitment@westminster.ac.uk
Please note: We are unable to accept any applications by email. All applications must be made online. CVs in isolation or incomplete application forms will also not be accepted.
We are fortunate to receive a large number of applications for our vacancies. Regrettably, we are not able to provide feedback to those job applicants who were not shortlisted and invited for interview as it would simply not be manageable to do so.
Embracing diversity and promoting equality
Share this job
Type / Role: