International Office Coordinator
The Manchester College
|Salary:||£19,792.08 to £25,389.38 (Subject to Job Evaluation)|
|Placed on:||25th November 2016|
|Closes:||6th December 2016|
As one of the largest and most successful further education colleges in Europe, and rated level 2 (good) by Ofsted, The Manchester College provides education and training to a wide range of learners and clients across the City of Manchester and beyond. The mission of the college is to deliver a high quality, inclusive and comprehensive curriculum, in an accessible and flexible way.
The Manchester College has many sites across the city: from Openshaw and Harpurhey in the North to Wythenshawe and West Didsbury in the South, as well as several locations in the city centre. Each site has its own specialist, cutting edge facilities and resources within a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
We currently have an opportunity for an International Office Co-ordinator (Marketing and Admissions)
As a key member of the International Office team, the post holder will be expected to support both the recruitment of international students to Higher Education and pre-university programmes from around the world and the support those students on programme. Recruitment activities include coordinating agent communications, coordinating international student applications, coordinating the preparation of overseas visits and acting as first point of contact for all international students past, present and future.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Increase international student recruitment through effective coordination of enquiries and generation of applications, taking responsibility for the international email address and providing excellent customer service to past, present and future students at The Manchester College.
- Positively develop relationships with new and existing agents, colleges, universities, partner associations and other appropriate groups
- Coordinate the planning of recruitment events such as overseas exhibitions, student interview sessions, overseas institutional visits etc.
- With colleagues in the international office, ensure immigration compliance through effective student record management.
- Work with colleagues in the International Office and beyond to support marketing efforts by coordinating regular communications with past, present and future students.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject, or equivalent work experience
- Articulate with strong interpersonal skills, communicating to high level stakeholders such as Ministers for Education, as well as students and colleagues alike.
- Experience of living or studying abroad, demonstrating empathy for overseas students
- Team player, flexible and happy working in a small team environment
- Ability to self-manage with excellent organisation skills
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language would be desirable
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding sector, apply today.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Please note that we will request a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check for the successful candidate for this post.
Share this job
Type / Role: