Service Desk Engineer
University of Wales, Trinity Saint David - Information Technology and Systems Team
|Salary:||£21,220 to £24,565 per annum|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||12th December 2016|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Engineer within the Information Technology and Systems team at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David Lampeter campus.
The Service Desk Engineer’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, peripherals and translation equipment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also provide appropriate support and guidance to junior members of the team, as well as providing end user training, inductions and assistance to staff and students where required.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Previous experience in providing high quality technical support.
- Experience of common software tools, components and peripheral accessories
- Excellent knowledge of PC desktop hardware
- Demonstrable experience and technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Experience of using IT Service Desk software to log and manage work
For more information about the positions, please visit the University's website: http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/jobs/ or alternatively contact the Human Resources Department on 01267 225121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 December 2016
Share this job
Type / Role: