Swansea University - Marketing, Recruitment, Internationalisation and Development
|Salary:||£32,277 to £37,394 per annum (pro-rata if part time) together with generous pension benefits|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||11th January 2017|
|Closes:||31st January 2017|
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent teaching and research, matched by an enviable quality of life.
The University has enjoyed a period of tremendous growth, and we have achieved our ambition to be a top thirty research University, soaring up the 2014 Research Excellence Framework league table to 26th in the UK from 52nd in 2008.
Information Services and Systems (ISS) provides library, ICT, management information, media and careers services to staff and students across the University. It also provides services to other academic institutions, project partners and the general public.
The Software Development team produces software solutions that improve efficiency and deliver value to meet the operational needs of the university, by engaging with business leaders, stakeholders, and other interested parties.
Specialising in the user experience and business modelling, the team is responsible for the architectural design and coding of applications and web services, ensuring maximum interoperability, scalability and availability.
We are now looking to recruit a Senior Analyst Programmer to join our team on a 2 year fixed term position.
As part of the team you can expect:
- An excellent, collaborative team environment, working within a scrum methodology.
- To work with a range of technologies, our newest projects offer the opportunity to work on a cutting edge technology stack – C# .Net Core ( latest version ) for the server side, Angular2 on the client side.
- Career Professional Development ( CPD ) days are included in our planning process, allowing team members to take a day in each sprint to focus on training to develop and maintain their skills.
- 31 days annual leave allowance ( excluding bank holidays ).
- Flexible working hours, including the opportunity to take up to 13 flexi days leave in lieu of extra hours worked.
- A newly refurbished, modern, open-plan office space on the 7th floor with spectacular views across Swansea bay.
- A generous salary and benefits package, including pension, childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership and more.
To be considered for our Senior Analyst Programmer role, you will need to share our values and meet the skills, qualifications and experience requirements
In your CV you should outline how you meet our values.
If you feel you have the skills for this role, please download the application details and apply online now by completing the basic application and uploading your CV which should address how you meet the University values and the requirements of the role.
If you are shortlisted we will arrange a 15 minute telephone interview and if successful this will be followed by a formal selection process.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
The IT team in ISS is under-represented by females and we would warmly welcome applications for this position from women.
For further information and to apply please go to: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/details.php?nPostingID=4180&nPostingTargetID=7062&option=52&sort=DESC&respnr=1&ID=QHUFK026203F3VBQB7VLO8NXD&JOBADLG=UK&Resultsperpage=20&lg=UK&mask=suext
Share this job
Type / Role: