In our lab, we perform research at the interface between human stem cell biology and biotechnology/biological engineering. We have one open position for a lab technician, focused on cell culture.
- Bachelor degree in one of the following majors: Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or similar.
- Master degree or PhD will be preferred.
- Experience in an analytical position at research centers or private companies is required, if the candidate does not hold a Master degree or a PhD (ideally 2 years).
- Solid experience in human cell culture, and in stem cell culture preferred.
- Experience of culture of human pluripotent stem cells and their differentiation will be preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining an efficient cell culture unit, for example making aliquots of media and reagents, or performing periodic sterilization cycles of incubators and biosafety cabinets.
- Training other lab personnel on cell culture procedures.
- Verifying the functionality of cell culture instrumentation and collaborating with instruments technical support
- Making orders of required material.
- Giving organization support to coordinate experiments of researchers within the lab.
- Giving support in performing cell cultures as instructed.
- Maintaining documentation and standardizing lab protocols for performing biological assays.
- Few other minor tasks, such as English-Chinese translations.
Please email a CV and two letters of reference in English, directly sent to email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)