Location: Currently remote working due to COVID-19, but otherwise based at our offices in Westminster, Central London (occasional travel to meetings within the UK may be required)
The Royal Economic Society (RES) are seeking a bright individual with an ability to lead and manage the day-to-day running of the Society office and its core systems. The postholder will provide staff with the necessary systems, processes and equipment to perform their roles to a high standard.
They will be central in providing the office’s HR provision around recruitment, induction and staff records. They will review and develop key policies and procedures in relation to HR as well as the smooth running of the office.
This is a varied and pivotal role where experience or understanding of the central aspects of running a small office is essential, as is an awareness of good practice in HR, finance, IT and facilities management.
- Manage the office’s HR provision, including maintaining and updating policies, maintaining annual leave and sickness records, supporting the annual appraisal cycle, supporting staff training requirements
- Manage monthly payroll
- Support Member Operations Director and other staff to ensure office infrastructure/systems are fit for purpose in relation to member programmes
- Manage the office’s health and safety provision, including maintaining and updating policies, ensuring the office has nominated first aiders and fire wardens, and that staff are familiar with their health and safety obligations
- Manage the office’s IT systems; ensuring staff have the necessary IT hardware and software, management and development of its cloud-based systems and document storage.
- Manage the Society’s protection against fraud
- Act as GDPR staff lead, maintaining policies and systems for protection of the Society’s data, and ensuring staff and other stakeholders receive suitable information/training
- Manage the office’s facilities arrangements, including liaison with building landlord, management of onsite/offsite storage and dealing with related contracts
- Line manage the Executive Assistant
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
- Ideally at least 2 years experience as an Office Manager or similar position
- Experience in staff supervision
- Experience of delivering generalist HR functions within an office including recruitment, induction, payroll and Health & Safety
- Experience of writing and monitoring HR policies and procedures
- Experience of managing supplier delivery and contracts
- Experience of managing both office electronic and manual systems with significant IT experience, including MS Office packages (including Excel).
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including interpersonal skills, dealing with a range of stakeholders in a professional engaging manner
- Knowledge of data protection in relation to recording and storing files and personal data
- Ability to work well within a team, with a flexible can-do approach to work
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workload
- Qualification in or related to HR/CIPD
- Experience of developing/working with a CRM system
- Knowledge and experience of the academic sector including learned societies
Application Process: CV and covering letter. For full details click here [Vacancies (res.org.uk)]
Enquiries: For further information, or if you require any reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Royal Economic Society is committed to equality and valuing diversity.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please