Reporting to Admissions Manager the Admissions Officer will Facilitate the admissions process while ensuring a connected and seamless approach to the service for applicants across the admissions service. The Admissions Assistant will be expected to contribute to the overall effective service delivery of providing information and support to ensure a high-quality admissions service is provided to applicants and academic.
- To support and co-operate with the wider admission team to ensure the provision of an effective and efficient admissions service for GBS.
- Contributing a vital service to support GBS in meeting its targets for recruitment across all programmes.
- Manage time effectively, prioritising work to meet demands and recruitment deadlines.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with GBS requirements, ensuring compliance and maintenance of relevant systems.
- Ensure accurate input of applicant related data and correction of applicant exception reports using the student management information system; in preparation of statistical returns (such as HESA).
- Provide advice and guidance on course options to applicants and potential applicants verbally and in writing. Deal with all internal and external queries concerning the progress and status of an application.
- Provide a quality, customer focussed first line, advisory and information service, giving initial support and guidance on admissions policies and procedures.
- Carry out initial checks on applications for a portfolio of courses, (including but not limited to minimum entry requirements, criminal convictions, multiple application identification, immigration checks).
- Monitor the responses of applicants to decisions and update the information on the institutions student record system.
- Invigilate all assessments taking place in the assessment centre and offering support to applicants if required and support the staff member conducting interviews.
- Booking interviews with prospective applicants via phone, e-mail and SMS.
- Handle telephone and email enquiries from prospective students, independently and in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist the Business Development Team with Open days when required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of demanding individuals and of resolving problems quickly and calmly.
- Experience of being administratively self-sufficient and accustomed to exercising initiative.
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office package.
- Experience of prioritising and ability to balance a diverse workload while working with precision.
- Good organisational and time management skills; scheduling and prioritising multiple projects and tasks with varying deadlines.
- Excellent customer service ethos to enable effective delivery of services to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to establish and maintain productive professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholder groups.
- Ability to manage change and respond positively to new challenges.
- Pro-active, responsive, motivated, and approachable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, including occasional evening and weekend working and off-site.
- A methodical and organised approach to work with a high level of accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Committed to working as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty, and an ability to manage information confidentially and sensitively.
- Degree, relevant professional qualification, or equivalent experience in relevant roles.
- General understanding of the full student lifecycle from enquiry to enrolment and understanding of the importance of admissions processes in maintaining student records and contribution to overall student experience.
- Demonstrable experience of the workings of an Admissions or related team
- Experience in a course advisory role.
- Taking a pro-active approach to forward planning whilst remaining flexible to changing needs.
- Experience with student management systems (e.g.: SITS, Salesforce, Unit4).
- Experience with the UKVI Sponsoring System & Student Route regulations.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of two or more languages.
- A high degree of judgement to make recommendations or decisions.
The Admissions Officer will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- To GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- The GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS’s Environmental Policy.
- To their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
In accordance with our Equality & Diversity Policy, we are monitoring job applications to ensure that we provide equal opportunities to any job applicant and make sure that discrimination does not occur because of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity.
So that we can assess the success of this policy, we have set up a system of monitoring all job applications. We would be grateful, therefore, if you would complete this section of your application form.
All information supplied will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The monitoring form will be stored separately from your CV and Cover Letter and used solely to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.