|Salary:||£31,406 to £35,326|
|Placed On:||11th January 2022|
|Closes:||31st January 2022|
Swansea, Carmarthen or Lampeter campus (hybrid working with travel to other locations as necessary)
Grade 6 / £31,406 to £35,326 per annum
- ABOUT US -
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is an employment-focused university, dedicated to ensuring students from diverse backgrounds develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to thrive.
13th for teaching quality in the Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 and 8th in the UK for ‘Social Inclusion’ in this league table this year.
We are now looking for an Archives & Records Officer to join our dedicated teams at our Swansea, Carmarthen or Lampeter campuses on a full-time, permanent basis.
- THE ROLE -
As an Archives & Records Officer, you will help create an effective culture of good archives and records management across the University, providing leadership in this specialist field.
Managing, planning and supervising all archives and records operations, you will analyse the current condition of archives and records and determine appropriate preservation priorities.
You will provide an initial point of contact to internal enquiries around best practice records management and will also lead on the research, development and execution of special collections and exhibitions.
Please note, this role will involve lifting and carrying objects and manual dexterity.
- ABOUT YOU -
To be considered as an Archives & Records Officer, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of customer service excellence
- Demonstrable experience in records or archives, preferably including work with born-digital or digitised materials
- Applied experience and knowledge of appropriate legislation, standards and best practice
- An understanding of digitisation standards and best practice in data governance
- Excellent IT and digital skills, including records management services
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- A relevant first degree or equivalent experience that demonstrates relevant levels of knowledge and skills in librarianship, archives or records management
- A recognised professional post-graduate qualification in librarianship, archives or records management
- BENEFITS –
- Annual leave entitlement is 28 days’ annual leave per year, plus eight bank holidays and four University closure days
Our employees get access to a great pay and benefits package in recognition of their valued contribution including:
- Good pay and conditions; as an accredited living wage employer, we offer competitive pay
- Pension scheme membership from USS to provide benefits for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, including additional paid maternity and paternity leave
- Career and development opportunities, including support to gain further qualifications
- Support for mental health and wellbeing, including occupational health and counselling support services
- Staff discounts on a range of products and services
- Travel schemes, including the cycle to work scheme
Other organisations may call this role Archives Manager, Lead Archivist, Archives and Records Manager, Records Officer, Archives Officer, Records Management Officer, Archives Supervisor, or Records Supervisor.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Archives & Records Officer, please apply via the button shown.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Closing date: 31st January 2022, 11:59pm
Type / Role: