Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
The University Health Service is a small team of trained professionals which undertakes a range of health related activities with students and staff from across The University.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join us in this part time post as a clerical assistant to assistant to provide a range a range of clerical and reception duties.
As part of the University Health Service, you will be an initial point of service contact, managing telephone, email, face to face and text enquiries, and liaising with clinical staff. You will provide clerical, administrative and reception support to the University Health Service Team in relation to their clinical and wider duties with University of Dundee students and staff. Contact with wider university staff, partner agencies, parents and others will be a regular part of the role.
You will have a commitment to service delivery and an ability to interact positively with people at all levels. You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and will have experience of working in a busy office environment and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office/Windows.
Your priorities will include:
- Provide a welcoming and efficient reception service to students, staff and visitors
- Answer routine enquiries received via telephone, MS Teams, email and face-to-face
- Make appointments for students and staff for consultations or meeting
- Undertake general office tasks such as photocopying, diary management, entering data and record keeping
What we’re looking for:
- Awareness of, and ability to conform to high levels of patient confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact appropriately with students, staff and external agencies
- Knowledge and experience of IT including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Effective time management skills demonstrating ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Ability to work enthusiastically and flexibly as a member of a team
Summary of Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous clerical experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Customer focussed and service oriented person
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent forward planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative to problem solve
- Operational experience of Microsoft Office package, particularly Word and Excel
- Previous experience of working in an area requiring high levels of confidentiality
- Previous experience of working in a university
- Working knowledge of SITS student management system
- Relevant administrative qualifications
Any Additional Information
The post holder will be expected to undertake additional duties as required, within the remit of their grade.