|Salary:||£37,495 to £53,384 per annum|
|Placed On:||8th December 2022|
|Closes:||5th January 2023|
Salary: £37,495 - £53,384 per annum
Closing Date: 5 January 2023
- ABOUT US -
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland.
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
- THE ROLE -
The postholder will contribute substantially to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching as per School requirements. Experience of and proficiency in teaching and examining law at tertiary level is essential.
This is a fixed term, full-time position.
From this recruitment exercise, a waiting list will be created for posts which may become available in the next twelve months.
- ABOUT YOU -
The postholder will be required to hold:
- A first class or upper second-class honours degree in law, or a first class or upper second-class honours degree in which law is a major component
- A completed PhD in law or a cognate discipline
- A completed LL.M (not required to be area specific)
- BENEFITS -
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement promoting a healthy work/life balance - plus an additional 15 days per year when the university is closed
- Enrolment in USS pension scheme – employer contribution of 21.6%, employee contribution of 9.8%
- An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life
- An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity
- Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months free gym membership at either the Jordanstown, Coleraine, or Magee Campus)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted eye tests with subsequent competitive prescription lens and frames
- Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint, and Avaya, feeding your passion for IT
- Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes
- ATHENA SWAN STATEMENT -
Ulster University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education, read more on our website. The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from those with disabilities. Appointment will be made on merit.
Type / Role: