The Department of Environment and Geography and York-Maastricht Partnership (YMP) are seeking a suitably qualified individual to contribute to the continued growth of solutions-focused research and teaching in environmental sustainability at York. You will deliver sustainability teaching to our postgraduate students, principally on our joint MSc Sustainable Business: Leadership, Innovation and Management programme in partnership with Maastricht University.
As part of this investment, we are looking for an outstanding candidate who has:
- A background related to sustainable management and sustainable development
- Passion and commitment to intellectual and action-oriented endeavours that will help bring about a sustainable and equitable planet
- Values congruent with the core values of our department: We are a friendly and helpful community; We make a positive difference; We strive for environmental sustainability; We are inclusive and celebrate diversity; We are curious and always learning.
- Ability to deliver and develop an ambitious and influential research portfolio
- Help develop a solution-oriented curriculum in relation to our MSc programme
- Sustainable Business: Leadership, Innovation and Management
This post is available at 100% FTE (37 hours) on an open contract. Please note that flexible working patterns and job sharing opportunities will be considered.
- To develop research objectives, projects and proposals and carry out individual or collaborative research projects
- To contribute to the production of research outputs and research outcomes
- To design, develop and deliver teaching across a wide range of modules
- To undertake effectively a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities
Skills, Experience & Qualifications needed
- PhD in Sustainable Management, Sustainable Development or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Appropriate academic professional and teaching qualification or a willingness to complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP), University of York
- To develop and promote the research activities of the department by developing a personal research plan independently and/or in collaboration with others as part of a larger research team
- To manage and guide the work of staff and research students on own specialist area
- To develop innovative research proposals, identify and obtaining external sources of funding
- To publish original research in appropriate journals and attend international conferences
- To develop innovative teaching materials, techniques and module design
- To plan, deliver and critically review a range of teaching and assessment activities
- To undertake academic supervision of students (including research students)
- To set and mark practical sessions, supervisions, fieldwork and examinations and provide constructive feedback to students
- To undertake, as needed, duties such as Programme Leader and Module Co-ordinator and be responsible for the design, development and management of departmental teaching modules
- To contribute to the recruitment and selection of research and teaching staff
- To contribute to the administration and management of the department
- To advise, supervise and give guidance to other departmental staff as appropriate
- To develop and build internal and external contacts
Interview date: 20th January 2023
For informal enquiries: Please contact Roland Gehrels at email@example.com
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork