Loughborough University National Tennis Academy (LUNTA) is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and dynamic Physiotherapist to support the performance of developing elite junior tennis players as part of the LTA’s Player Pathway. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering a comprehensive Physiotherapy strategy to meet the needs of LUNTA players and coaches, including but not exclusive to, identifying and delivering individualised athlete management and rehabilitation programmes and targeted injury risk management strategies to enhance performance in collaboration with the IDT, coaches, and players. This is a full time, open ended (subject to funding) position. It will be necessary to work outside normal 9-5 working hours, including work in the evening and at weekends at times.
Information about our programme can be found on our website at https://www.lboro.ac.uk/sport/sports/tennis/national-tennis-academy/
Roles and responsibilities:
- To work closely with the Head Coach, Academy Manager/Head of Performance Support, and the Loughborough Sport Clinical Lead in the development of an applied and proactive physiotherapy service appropriate to the needs of the LUNTA players
- To coordinate the medical provision for the Academy. This includes working closely with the Academy Doctor to develop a network of medical professionals that can provide timely and quality support to LUNTA players when required
- To work closely with the LUNTA Coaching Team, Academy Manager/Head of Performance Support and Strength and Conditioning Coach to develop underpinning physical qualities associated with desired improvements in a player’s technical and tactical tennis performance. This includes spending a significant amount of time on-court with players in action
- Attend and provide physiotherapy support to number of national domestic and international tournaments and training camps each year. This significant part of the role will include supporting coaches in logistics, operation, and administration on trips
- To be an integral part of the LUNTA Performance Support Team. Working alongside practitioners and coaches to deliver a world class support service for Academy players through a fully integrated interdisciplinary approach
- To keep up to date through continued professional development within appropriate areas of clinical expertise
There is a great opportunity with this role to travel to both domestic and international junior and senior tennis tournaments with other members of the LUNTA staff team and our junior tennis players.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record and experience in the provision of physiotherapy services to athletes and coaches to improve performance
- Experience of working in a high performance or Academy level squad
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record and significant experience of working in an interdisciplinary team of coaches and practitioners
- Significant experience of analysing the demands of sports and defining and implementing a physiotherapy/sports medicine strategy to support performance outcomes
- Detailed knowledge of functional anatomy, movement science the ability to integrate this knowledge within assessment and clinical reasoning
- The ability to work alongside, motivate and drive performance of young, adolescent athletes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- A candidate that is looking to develop a career in performance sport/performance operations
- A great team player
Informal enquiries should be made to Nathan Miller – Academy Manager/Head of Performance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity for an additional market supplement for exceptional candidates
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 3 February 2023, with interviews taking place w/c 20 February 2023, specific days TBC.
Please see this link for further details.