Campus: Chelsea and Westminster Campus
The Human Immunology Laboratory is seeking to appoint an Operations Manager. Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team the Operations Manager will manage the smooth running of the IAVI Human Immunology Laboratory through sound HR, financial and administrative management.
You will be responsible for financial management of the research portfolio with a budget of over £2m per year. The Operations Manager will be the point of contact for the Department’s Section Manager, Imperial College Finance and Research Grants and Contracts Office on all aspects of grant administration.
As a member of the leadership team, you will be instrumental in the development and implementation of administrative processes to ensure efficient administrative support for the Laboratory. There will also be the opportunity to provide input into strategic operations development and implementation. Experience of working in an academic environment and contributing to drafting funding applications would be beneficial to undertaking the role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of the Human Immunology Laboratory’s research portfolio with a budget of over £2m per year.
- Point of contact for and with the Department’s Section Manager, Imperial College Finance and Research Grants and Contracts Office on all aspects of grant administration.
- Point of contact for IAVI Administration coordinator for all matters of finance and HR related to the IAVI award.
- Responsible for implementation of financial control procedures to ensure accountability.
- Production of regular financial reports for distribution to the Programme Management team and central Department and ensuring effective communication of this information to the Management team and Principal Investigator. This includes analysis, presentation of results, identification of financial risk and putting forward recommendations to problematic financial situations for further improvement.
- Lead on all HR matters at the Human Immunology Laboratory for a team of 36 Imperial and honorary employees.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with all groups of staff within the team and across the Department of Infectious Disease.
- Lead the coordination of national and international student recruitment and induction, liaising with central teams on matters relating to PhD students undertaking their work at the HIL.
- Run and development the recruitment and induction process for all new members of staff, working closely with the Laboratory Manager to ensure appropriate inductions are completed as required for the work of the staff members.
- Management of recruitment and retention process. Provide staff records analysis (annual leave, sickness)
- Educated to Degree level and/or extensive experience within the relevant field
- Extensive experience of financial reporting
- Experience of administration within a research environment
- Ability to manage significant budgets and provide financial reports.
- Proven experience of managing a varied and heavy workload
- Ability to draft proposals, committee documents and applications.
This is a Full Time and Fixed Term role for 12 months based at the Chelsea and Westminster Campus.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please get in touch with Dr Ali Elbireer, Senior Director Global Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 01 March 2023
Job Reference Number: MED03622