Responsible for: IT Team
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours
Summary of the role:
The IT department at ArtsEd provides all IT services to the entire organisation.
The Head of IT has overall responsibility for all IT infrastructure and services, coordinating support and enabling business continuity and implementing IT solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
Providing leadership, direction, and management of the IT Services within ArtsEd, so that the institution is effectively supported in their delivery of educational ambitions.
To support the Senior Leadership Board in its implementation of ArtsEd’s educationally led IT Vision, IT Strategic Plans and Technical Strategy.
To lead the management of all IT resources and contracts, ensuring optimisation. To co-ordinate all IT activities to ensure the availability of systems, services and data to all stakeholders.
- Develop and implement the institution’s IT vision and strategy in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Board and translating it into actionable goals.
- Provide leadership direction and management to the IT team.
- Accountable for the implementation, maintenance and smooth running of all IT services in use by the organisation
- Proactive monitoring of systems performance and identifying future opportunities and challenges in the IT landscape with the overview of developing mitigating strategies where appropriate.
- Maintain systems, network, and data security.
- Act as the third line engineer and coordinate escalation to third parties where required.
- Accountable for ensuring security vulnerabilities are identified and eliminated with strategic solutions
- Identifying and recommend new network, service management and technology solutions to improve efficiency and performance
- Directing the sourcing and implementation of new software, hardware and licenses in accordance with institution policy and fiscal responsibility.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the IT budgets and provide regular budgetary information.
- Accountable for the management of IT systems within the organisation including deployment, development, and upgrading.
- Overseeing the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with existing systems.
- To manage projects and programmes and oversee associated activities.
- Formulating and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Providing expert advice and support as needed.
- Liaising regularly with the Institution’s Executive Team and the Senior Leadership Board, as well as other stakeholders as needed.
- To lead on the development of an IT structure that develops expertise and leverages synergies across the institution.
- Procure equipment as required.
- Undertake other duties, as necessary and where appropriate.
Relevant Degree/level 7 or same level qualification including relevant experience
- TCP/IP networking (at least CCNA equivalent knowledge)
- VPN E AB 4
- VLAN and L3 switching
- Switching and routing
- VMWare EXSi / vCenter server
- iSCSI SAN
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Apple macOS device management with Jamf Pro
- Windows Server 2016 to 2022
- Active Directory and Azure AD
- Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- Microsoft 365 administration
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Administration of database systems
Experience in leading and managing a team through effective organisation and continued professional development,
Effective project management experience