The Head of Student Engagement will work with key stakeholders across the business including the Director of Operations, Director of Students, Director of Education Services, and academic Heads of Schools to ensure students receive a coherent student experience to create a sense of community and belonging across our five sites which form our London Campus.
The role has been created to lead on campus activities and key events in the student journey including induction and graduation. The postholder will be expected to continuously evaluate and improve impact and efficiency.
Collaborating with other services on events management for activity such as open days, learning development sessions, career networking, student support events and alumni activity will be a key feature in supporting the College enhance educational gains and improve our continuation, completion, and progression outcomes.
There will be a valuable contribution and support on key activity within Regent College London including improving retention, supporting international student orientation, student satisfaction and graduate outcomes.
Using student feedback, data and external networking, the post holder will lead on the delivery of key activity on campus and be an active member of several internal working groups focusing on aspects of engagement and delivery.
- Develop, deliver, and coordinate an annual programme of student engagement activities throughout the student journey from induction through to graduation both in person and digital delivery.
- Organise, co-ordinate, brief, and debrief key stakeholders participating, ensuring key guests are identified and appropriately staffed at events.
- Focusing on the student voice, use data and evidence from students and staff feedback to enhance the student experience with on site engagement.
- Develop a programme of support for international student orientation.
- Create, communicate and disseminate information about event activity externally through marketing, promotion and via online channels.
- Record event information in order to develop and apply KPIs to monitor impact and value-add for the business to inform future plans.
- Produce post-event analysis and evaluation to include return of investment.
- Work with a variety of internal stakeholders in Schools and Professional Services to ensure the effective communication of their messages to students, including advising them on timing, tone of voice, channels and content.
- Manage external stakeholder relationships in the planning and delivery of student events.
- Use the full range of student communication tools developed for use within the College, ensuring appropriateness, clarity and consistency of messages as well as suitable presentation of information.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of student engagement related planned activity and policy, reporting on progress and sharing and learning from good practice.
- Build and maintain effective relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues in Schools and Professional Services in order to provide seamless support and an excellent student experience, resolving issues that arise.
- Oversee and manage budget for projects and events.
- To provide input, with a particular focus on gathering student insight, to major institutional projects and initiatives within the student experience remit
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement for processes and procedures at the College sites.
- Duputise for specific issues, as and where appropriate for the Director of Operations.
- Other duties in the College as determined from time to time.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org