We have a great opportunity based at our Northamptonshire & Bedfordshire campus for a Training Coordinator to become a key member of our Apprenticeships department.
As a Training Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students:
- To complete in depth, effective & accurate initial assessment of all learners on caseload and review progress against this initial assessment throughout the programme.
- To co-ordinate all aspects of the apprenticeship journey from end to end in the Electrical sector. Including, but not limited to, induction, delivery, assessment of progress and deployment of integrated programmes of competence based training
- To provide coaching and mentoring support to learners to ensure the successful and timely completion of their apprenticeship standard/framework
- To assess learners performance and progress against the awarding body’s standards
- To co-ordinate the internal verification process, implementing and maintaining the College policies and procedures
- To be responsible for developing and co-ordinating specific training programmes
- To assist the Group Training Manager in a range of activities that will contribute to improving curriculum development and excellence
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of recent developments in training, assessing and verifying, and knowledge & understanding of standards associated to the role, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to
- GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- A1 Assessor qualification or Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance (TAQA) Award [Qualification would be supported for right candidate]
- Level 3 in the relevant sector area
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
- All I.T equipment for remote working will be provided
JDPS Training Coordinator Electrical.doc