Liaises with: Education & Training team, Membership Engagement team, Clinicians/members, regulatory bodies, statutory education boards, various suppliers.
Hours/week: 35 hours per week.
Location: Our offices are based in London, however, we support hybrid working.
Role and responsibilities
Supporting the CSRH specialty training programme & CESR
- To be the primary point of contact and support for specialty trainees, CESR applicants and assessors, Educational Supervisors and Training Programme Directors, escalating issues as required.
- To guide and support applicants, trainees, Educational Supervisors, and Training Programme Directors throughout their journeys by providing accessible information, suitable resources and signposting to opportunities
- To support committee chairs and representatives in delivering objectives related to specialty training
- To work with external stakeholders involved in all stages of specialty training.
Product maintenance and development
- To support the maintenance and development of educational materials relevant to the specialty training programme and CESR
- To create and maintain up to date documentation and information relating to the specialty training programme and CESR (e.g. programme curriculum, syllabus & assessment framework, standard operating procedures, policies, handbooks or guides, website copy, etc.)
- To manage and maintain the training ePortfolio, including production of user guides, liaising with ePortfolio provider and implementing changes in line with curricular and assessment related requirements.
- To manage and maintain systems and databases involved in delivering the specialty portfolio (e.g. CRM database, Learning Management System, ePortfolio)
- To maintain accurate records and produce performance analysis and evaluation reports, identifying risks and opportunities for improvement
- To comply with regulatory body requirements and ensure quality assurance of the specialty training programme
Servicing & supporting committees and working groups
- To service and support committees related to specialty training (e.g. ACC and SAC). This will include effective organisation of meetings, preparation and distribution of papers, minute taking and maintaining up to date records.
- To support the recruitment and development of committee members
- To facilitate and support related sub-committees, working groups and panels
- To support the dissemination of information and give guidance on regulations including any updates and changes.
- To provide ad hoc support or stand in for the wider specialty team as required
- To feed into and support the improvement of policies, processes and systems to enable the continuous modernisation of our day-to-day operations
- Uphold our FSRH organisational values: We care. We collaborate. We enable. We include. We strive.
Qualifications and training
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent - Essential
- Education & Assessment - Desirable
- Volunteer Management - Desirable
Previous experience - Essential
- Experience of carrying out administrative functions in line with policies and processes and using these to support improved delivery and experience for members/customers.
- Experience of working independently in a pressurised environment to manage time and prioritise workload
- Experience of using digital platforms and technology (e.g. ePortfolios, CRM databases, Learning Management Systems, website editing)
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience of producing reports and presenting to stakeholders
- Experience of collating data to support management decisions
- Experience of supporting/coordinating projects and working to deadlines
Previous experience - Desirable
- Experience of developing and managing products for educational purposes (e.g. curriculum and assessment)
- Experience of servicing committees
- Experience of supporting volunteers
- Experience of working within a professional membership body / higher education / NHS background