|Salary:||£59,156 per annum|
|Placed On:||31st March 2023|
|Closes:||30th April 2023|
Westminster Kingsway College are looking for an enthusiastic, inspirational and forward thinking Head of Additional Learning Service and Student Support to further develop the service for our learners.
About the role:
Reporting to the Deputy Director, SEND, The Head of ALS and Student Support will be a key member of the leadership team providing individual leadership and management of the subject areas within Student Support and ALS to ensure consistently high curriculum delivery. The postholder will ensure that all provisions programmes meet the needs, standard and requirements of all stakeholders including employers, appropriate professionals and awarding bodies.
You will provide strong leadership and be responsible for quality assurance, Exam Access Arrangements, Additional Support for learners and improvement across the college including lesson and tutorial observations, self-assessment reports and lead on quality improvement plans. Key to success will be inspiring staff to be innovative in all aspects of teaching and learning and to embed this in the use of e-learning.
The ideal candidate will possess all or most of the following:
• A full teaching qualification
• Experienced on leading on Exam Access Arrangements
• Will lead on the use of accessible technology.
• Experience of leading teams/or managing staff
• Direct relevant experience of curriculum planning processes particularly in relation to the areas covered by the post
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse audience
• Ability to delegate effectively and manage performance of others in accordance with good management practice
• Ability to analyse, solve problems and implement change with a successful track record of managing and delivering change
• Ability to manage budgets and meet financial targets
About Westminster Kingsway College:
Westminster Kingsway is an award-winning further education college in central London with centres in Camden and Westminster. The College offers a huge array of academic and vocational courses from entry levels right through to HE for young and adult learners. These include foundation learning, A-Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships, Access to Higher Education, and Degree Programmes. The College also works closely with all stakeholders and offers bespoke training and development programmes.
Capital City College Group is the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London.
CCCG’s strategic vision is to “Transform lives through exceptional education and training.” This will be achieved through preparing students with the skills to be successful in the future workforce. We aim to provide learners with high quality education which develops the relevant set of skills, knowledge and behaviours leading to sustained positive destinations and improved life chances. We recognise that London is a truly international city where our learners compete on the world stage for employment and progression.
Closing Date: Sunday 30th April 2023
Interview Date: TBC
Type / Role: