LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university
Support Officer (Student and Teaching Service Line)
Salary from £33,558 to £38,541 pa inclusive with potential to progress to £41,404 pa inclusive of London allowance.
The London School of Economics is a cosmopolitan university situated in the vibrant centre of London that specialises in the study of social sciences.
LSE’s Data and Technology Services division provides services to over 10,000 staff and student users.
Responsible for providing technical support, maintenance and development within the Student and Teaching service line. The role is primarily accountable for:
- Providing IT support to the computer teaching rooms, computer rooms and open access spaces that fall within the Student and Teaching service line:
- Performing morning rounds in the computer teaching rooms, carrying out checks and resolving or escalating issues.
- Supporting, installing and maintaining the IT hardware in the computer spaces across campus.
- Providing assistance to students using the short-term laptops loans service and supporting and maintaining the hardware and software.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting faults reported with IT hardware and software and resolving or escalating issues.
- Recording and assessing requirements for new services and equipment.
- Diversifying knowledge and skills to provide a point of escalation and cover for all services within the Student and Teaching Service line.
As a Support Officer there will also be a requirement to maintain excellent relationships with a wider range of stakeholders that would fall into this service area. They will be escalating issues and resolving problems.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide resolutions and ‘work-arounds’ for service incidents and deliver specific service requests from colleagues across the school
- Ensure that the principle of ‘shift left’ is adhered to by supporting transition of specific resolutions to the first line teams and maintaining a comprehensive, timely and effective knowledge base
- Be able to guide and support projects through transition to live activities into the service line and rest of the support function
- Diagnose and analyse incidents related to the service line and provide sufficient information where necessary to allow other teams to resolve the issue.
- Provide a pro-active delivery of excellent support to computer teaching rooms, computer rooms and open access areas to ensure a high level of customer service is delivered.
- Take ownership of service requests and incidents and take a pro-active and empathetic approach to handling engagement with colleagues and students.
- Monitor and accept support calls within the Student and Teaching service line on a daily basis and ensure that they are resolved within SLAs.
Candidates should have:
- Good knowledge and experience of trouble-shooting hardware and software issues
- Good knowledge of desktop operating systems
- Excellent communication skills
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave, hybrid working, and excellent training and development opportunities.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification.
To apply for this post, please click the 'Apply' button above. If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19th January 2024 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.