Translational Research Scientist (KTP Associate) - Tissue Based Assay - Development
University of the West of Scotland – School of Health & Life Sciences, University of the West of Scotland (Lanarkshire Campus) in Partnership with Antibody Analytics (Motherwell)
Fixed term: 30 months (35 hours per week)
The University of the West of Scotland, in proud partnership with Antibody Analytics, have a unique opportunity, for the right candidate, to join an exciting collaborative project which aims to develop translational models employing patient tissues to be used for ground-breaking pre clinical drug screening and evaluation.
Antibody Analytics are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company established in 2015 and with our expertise, cutting-edge technology, and dedicated employees, we have grown substantially and continue to do so.
With support from academic experts, the KTP Associate will be responsible for leading the delivery of key project stages whilst under the guidance of company and academic supervisors.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A PhD in Biological Sciences or other relevant area (Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or equivalent). Candidates with an MSc that have an exceptional repertoire of experience will be considered.
- Expertise in cell culture and explant culture such as organoid / 3D culture.
- Proficiency across a range of immunological techniques such as ELISA, Luminex, qPCR, microscopy/imaging flow cytometry.
- Extensive experience in analysing, evaluating and interpreting data from biological assays.
- Be able to liaise with academic, business, and clinical biorepository partners.
- Be skilled in presenting/communicating scientific data.
- Excellent writing skills as demonstrated by patents, scientific reports, scientific publications or successful grant applications.
- Be IT competent with a knowledge of statistical analysis relevant to biological data.
- Have a vested interest in staying with the company, as Associates are frequently invited to apply for permanent positions.
To support a culture within Antibody Analytics which is aligned to our company values and behaviours, we would like you to:
- Be creative, inventive, inquisitive, and motivated by scientific discovery.
- Be a trouble-shooter with a can-do attitude.
- Be of a curious mindset, question, listen, enhance, and challenge your own understanding of what we do.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Prioritise day to day work without supervision; flexible and adaptable; able to easily work in different environments depending on work priorities
- Be highly organised and productive with the ability to deliver the work on time and to a high standard.
- Be friendly with a helpful attitude.
- Be self-aware, have emotional intelligence with the ability to see things from others’ perspectives.
- Be engaging and communicative with all colleagues to continually enhance knowledge and experience.
- Be a team player - learn, grow, and share best practice with colleagues.
- Be focused and have a strong attention for detail.
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the business.
- Be a champion for learning and development for yourself in support of employee development.
- Be accountable with ownership for all tasks trained in and for delivery.
- Be solutions driven.
Closing date: Wednesday 6th March 2024
Interview date: Monday, 25th March 2024
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups. UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer. University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.