Corporate Applications Technical Analyst (2 posts)
University of Reading - Information Techonology
|Salary:||£29,301 to £38,183 per annum|
|Placed on:||16th November 2016|
|Closes:||15th December 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
The Information Technology department at the University of Reading provide central management of IT services to all parts of the University both academic and support. Working with partners across the University they provide high quality support and services and support innovative working.
In the Corporate Applications Team, this role will play a part in the high-quality, proactive support, development and implementation of a wide range of business applications which include Student Records, Timetabling, Finance, HR and Campus Management. We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and versatile individual with a keen interest in working with enterprise-wide corporate applications and large, centralised databases.
The role offers an opportunity to develop your IT career in a dynamic environment with access to cutting-edge technologies and working with IT professionals within a small team. We offer on-the-job and formal training and opportunities for career progression. In addition to salary, you will receive a generous annual leave entitlement and an award-winning pension scheme.
You will have:
- Understanding of corporate applications, SQL-based databases or associated components in a Microsoft environment.
- Highly technical skills to expand the capability of the team performing a mix of planned service improvements and problem resolution.
- Experience of working under your own initiative in a central, technical preferably role in a HE or public sector environment.
- Understanding of industry best practice relating to incident and change management and certification to ITIL Foundation level.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills and interest in building and maintaining professional relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in working in partnership with suppliers.
This advert is for two positions.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Corporate Applications Team Leader
Contact name: Julie Jazwinski
Contact phone: +44 (0)118 378 6630
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative informal contact details
Contact role: Assistant Director, Operations & Development
Contact name: Anton Lawrence
Contact phone: +44 (0)118 378 4531
Contact email: a.r.lawrencereading.ac.uk
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Share this job
Type / Role: