Birmingham Business School: Responsible Business with Global Impact
There has never been a better time to join Birmingham Business School – a triple accredited Business School at the heart of an institution with one of the most compelling and ambitious agendas in Higher Education. Established as the UK’s first School of Commerce in 1902, we have been delivering excellent business education for over 100 years.
This is an important time in our development. Benefitting from a significant multi-million pound investment, we are now seeking to extend our community of internationally recognised researchers and educators. We are seeking an outstanding individual for a Chair/Reader in Marketing.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to thrive academically and make a contribution to a dynamic, growing School, which is increasingly recognised globally for the quality of its research and programmes. We are happy to discuss flexible working.
- Publish high quality research in international journals of high repute
- Make major contributions to the broader theoretical and/or methodological debates of the discipline;
- To secure the publication of key results in leading journals and/or books which further develop reputation in the subject area
- To provide expert advice and mentoring to colleagues.
- To lead delivery of research that contributes to the progress of the discipline
- Provide research leadership, through leading bids for external research grants which develop and sustain research support in the field of marketing and advance the reputation of the School and University;
- To support colleagues through advice and mentoring of their funding bids.
- Supervise and examine research students in marketing.
- Contribute to the planning, teaching, examining and marking of undergraduate and postgraduate modules;
- Supervise and examine dissertations on both undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Take full part in the Department’s Learning and Teaching activities;
- To develop programme curricula within the School, ensuring these meet the standards within the University and external institutions
- A PhD in a related field
- Evidence of an outstanding and sustained international research profile, evidenced by a substantial record of international quality outputs
- Evidence of successful and sustained collaborations with other research teams/institutions and significant and sustained success in obtaining research grants, individually or as co-investigator
- A track record of attracting and successfully supervising high quality postgraduate research students
- Research interests which complement or strengthen the existing research interests of colleagues within the department.
- Evidence of developing and delivering excellence and enhancement in design and delivery of teaching, both undergraduate and postgraduate, which delivers research-intensive teaching that engages students
- Evidence of activities which enhance the student learning experience (for example in enhancing the curriculum, learning activities/teaching materials, assessment, evaluating the impact on the student learning experience) or which enhance the teaching and learning performance of colleagues.
- Evidence of well-developed management skills and evidence of significant contributions to the administration of a Department/School/College.
- Excellent presentation skills
Informal Enquiries – Professor Cathy Cassell, Dean of the Business School on firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Lloyd C. Harris (Head of Department, Marketing)
email email@example.com or tel: +44 (0) 121 414 5382
Grade – Professorial
Salary – competitive for an outstanding candidate
Closing date: 7th October
To download the details and submit an electronic application online visit: www.bham.ac.uk/jobs.
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment