Duration: Fixed term contract for up to 31st March 2021
Grade/band: Grade 7
Salary: Full time starting salary is normally in the range £30,942 to £40,322. With potential progression once in post to £42,792 a year
Closing Date: 10th June 2020
We are looking to appoint a Senior Trial Manager responsible for managing a portfolio of trials associated with the NIHR Global Health Research Unit on Global Surgery and the staff working on those trials. In addition to actively coordinating trials including contributing to the design, conduct, analysis, publication and presentation of clinical trials research
The position is within the BCTU Global Surgery team, working closely with the NIHR Global Health Research Unit on Global Surgery, we are ideally looking for the candidate to have some experience of running trials in a surgical and/or international setting which will be required to travel internationally as part of the role.
- Take a fundamental role in the design and preparation of new clinical trial research proposals and make a personal contribution to the Clinical Trial Unit’s research activity and profile. This will include preparation of costings and grant applications; writing and editing the protocol, and design of case report forms and databases used to collect research data.
- Keep up to date with current research literature and developments in the clinical speciality relevant to the portfolio of trials and the profession of clinical trial management. Maintain relevant bibliographies by regular literature searches and critical review. Bring ideas for innovative trials to the attention of the relevant clinical lead. Write literature reviews, develop and publish innovative approaches to improving trial methodology.
- Take primary responsibility for ensuring that trial research data is complete and accurate. Work closely with members of the statistical team to validate the data set.
- Promote the research portfolio of trials for the relevant clinical specialty by the preparation of newsletters, posters and by presenting at local, national and occasionally international scientific meetings.
- A higher degree (PhD or MSc) in a relevant biomedical science or associated subject with experience of clinical trials research (for some roles a proven track record of successfully obtaining research funding from a recognised funding body will suffice) or a graduate with strong experience as a Trial Manager and a proven ability to taken on a senior role.
- Experience preparing regulatory and ethics submissions; grant applications; writing and/or amending protocols; patient information sheets; case report forms; reports, and other relevant clinical trial management documentation.
- Experience preparing publications and submitting grant applications.
- Ability to meet the travel needs of the post which include travel nationally and internationally on occasion.
For informal inquiries please contact Hayley Walton, email@example.com
Closing date: 10th June 2020 Reference: 58101
To download the full job description and details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below or visit www.hr.bham.ac.uk/jobs. Please quote Job Ref 58101 in all enquiries.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity at The University of Birmingham and welcome applications from
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please