Oxford Brookes University Business School’s research aim is to deliver internationally excellent and world leading research with impact. The School has recently re-organised its research infrastructure into four high performing research centres and secured significant external research findings from a range of funders including Nuffield Foundation, British Academy Newton Fund, EPSRC and EU Horizon 2020.
In order to support and sustain these successful activities and deliver its research strategy OBBS is seeking to appoint an individual with a strong problem-solving approach, excellent people skills, who is able to work independently with professional written, verbal and presentation communication skills to support the School in achieving its research ambition.
The post-holder will work closely with the School Associate Dean for Research and Knowledge Exchange (ADRKE) and the Directors of the School Research Centres and the research office professional staff team. The successful applicant will support the implementation of School’s research strategic objectives, coordinate the preparation of the School Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission, and promote the School’s research internally and support research active staff.
Additionally, the post-holder will represent the School on or to appropriate external bodies and represent the Associate Dean Research and Knowledge Exchange on committees or at events when required.
You should have:
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Significant administrative experience in a research organisation and/or Higher Education/government or non-profit organisation.
- A good knowledge and understanding of research processes and activities
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Experience in collating and analysing different data types from a range of sources to produce evidence based analytical reports to inform OBBS senior management decision making
- Experience of organising research-related administration effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with both professional staff and senior academic colleagues
- Minute taking skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex information to a variety of audiences
- Experience of line management of small teams.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.8% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button on the Oxford Brookes vacancy page. You will be routed to this when you click on the above “Apply” button. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.