|Salary:||£33,314 to £40,931 Per annum|
|Placed On:||24th January 2023|
|Closes:||12th February 2023|
This role also has an additional market supplement of up to £3,000 per annum, on top of salary quoted above, dependent on qualifications / experience
This is an exceptional time to be joining the University of Southampton and the Procurement Services Team. The University has launched its new Strategy together with a suite of strategic plans which will transform Education, Research and Knowledge Exchange. The need for professional procurement expertise to ensure we have high quality procurement arrangements reflecting the needs and ambitions of the strategy has never been greater. We have a position available to join a welcoming, supportive and development focused team, where 2 days are rarely the same.
About the role
• You will be the lead for various procurements, ensuring compliant procurement which delivers value for money.
• You will work with category managers and stakeholders to deliver a diverse range of projects
• You will work closely with contract managers to ensure contract performance expectations are met
What you’ll bring
• Experience of delivering end-to-end procurements for complex and / or high value contracts in a regulated environment, ideally with public sector procurement experience
• A high level of commercial acumen
• The ability to build strong, productive relationships across our academic and research staff, professional services and key external suppliers and partners
What we can offer
You will be offered some excellent benefits including:
• 44 days leave per year (including 6 University Closure days and 8 days public holidays)
• A 35 hour working week
• Excellent pension scheme (Employer contributions for USS are currently 21.4% of pensionable pay)
• Hybrid working (based 1-2 days at our lively Highfield campus)
• Staff discounts
• Supported departmental development opportunities
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture at the University and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work.
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact Eychelle Heywood, Head of Procurement at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.
Working at the University of Southampton:
Check out the staff benefits and why you should join us at The University of Southampton!
The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need assistance, call Recruitment on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Quote the advert reference on all correspondence.
We believe equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a welcoming, vibrant and successful organisation. Having a diverse workforce, inclusive of people of all ages and beliefs, from different racial, educational and social backgrounds opens up a wealth of possibilities, makes us more creative and accelerates our impact on society. We welcome applicants that value the diversity of our community and are willing to play their part in supporting the mission of inclusivity.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.
Type / Role: