Do you want to work for one of the top FE college's in the UK for Apprenticeships?
Want to inspire Young people to enhance their skills & career opportunities whilst positively impacting on the wider skills gap the UK faces currently?
Our team is expanding and we are looking for a passionate individual, who lives & breaths apprenticeships! On offer is a rewarding career with excellent progression opportunities and great benefits package.
About the role
As a Business Development Executive you will be responsible for providing an end to end service for existing and new employer partners.
You will forge strong relationships with employers via personalised account management maximising opportunities and income streams.
You will identify and engage further customers, who have the potential to become key accounts, ensuring that all negotiated sales targets are achieved, maximise levels of repeat business, identify new opportunities for sales and business development and work effectively as part of the overall Business Development team.
What you will do
- To meet recruitment/sales targets and expand business in response to strategic priorities.
- To liaise with delivery staff to ensure a highly successful employer experience, maintaining latest industry knowledge within own areas. Managing allocated accounts creating a calendar of touch points and account visits.
- Strong time management and organisation skills to ensure multiple priorities are being worked towards and KPI’s are met.
- To account manage and undertake training needs analysis and solution implementation with employers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Uses employer links to generate work experience pipeline for work experience coordinators to convert.
- To be responsible for undertaking sales, business development and marketing activities, including employer visits.
- Maintain the CRM with accurate data and all relevant employer records whilst providing reports on progress where requested.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company and personal data in line with GDPR Regulations and policy.
- To proactively engage, present to and collaborate with a range of partners, forums and networking groups (JobCentrePlus, Chamber of Commerce, Visitor Economy Forum, etc.)
- Identify, interpret and utilise labour market information and data that supports sales lead, curriculum programme development and income generating opportunities.
- Create and maintain accurate prospecting and client records utilising College systems (e.g. Trackers, CRM, etc), updating lead generation, sales visits, proposals and agreements, conversations, communications and other activities within required timescales.
- Monitor activities / performance (e.g. outputs, budgets, recruitment, employer engagement) and prepare, analyse and report on current and projected positions relating to market share, lead generation, sales volumes, proposals, agreements and other employer engagement and College-related activities.
- Represent the College / Business Development Directorate at internal and external events as required.
- The Ideal candidate will hold at least a level 3 qualification or above in a relevant field English and Maths at level 2 or above
- Demonstrable evidence of employer engagement activity, ideally within a further education, recruitment or sales setting
- Experience of recruiting candidates to meet the needs of employers
- Experience in completing organisational training needs analysis to identify ‘business needs’ to be able to promote and cross-sell a range of products and services.
- Knowledge of labour market at local and regional levels with an understanding of large organisations in the locality.
- Ability to achieve/exceed individual sales targets. Knowledge and understanding of Apprenticeships including higher apprenticeships, funding guidelines, employer levy, and Apprenticeship Training Agencies.
- Knowledge of preparing and composing detailed Job Descriptions on behalf of employers.
- Demonstrable evidence in developing employer leads which will result in a business sale.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Have excellent presentation skills and the confidence to deliver complex information.
- Have excellent negotiation and influencing skills to secure sales/business contracts.
- Work in a busy environment and be able to work under pressure in order to meet challenging targets.
- Access to a car and a full driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel around as part of the role.
Want to find out more?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.