Full-Time Fixed-Term of 24 months
Starting Salary is £38,467 per annum (including London Allowance)
The Academic Quality and Policy Office (AQPO) has responsibility for a number of key areas in the College related to academic provision, namely, academic quality assurance, academic regulation and policy development and providing support for academic governance. The Academic Quality and Policy Office is responsible for the approval processes for new degree courses and modules.
This role will support the College’s Curriculum Design Management System (CDMS) Project. This College project will design and deliver a new digital Curriculum Design Management System which, once implemented, will result in the streamlining of processes for curriculum design, validation and cyclical review. This will enable a more efficient working curriculum design process for the College.
The post holder will be required to:
- Lead the implementation of the new CDMS system, working with AQPO colleagues and the Preferred Supplier on designing the new CDMS layout
- Lead the implementation of the new governance structures, engaging with relevant stakeholders to ensure engagement and compliance
- Lead the work with the Preferred Supplier and relevant stakeholders to ensure that governance structures and processes are implemented within the CDMS
- Work with IT colleagues to implement the new digital software into Royal Holloway and ensure that there is a clear understanding of the quality assurance processes, including the implementation of the new Curriculum Design structure for schools
- Liaise with Vice Deans/ Directors of Undergraduate Education/ Directors of Postgraduate Taught Education/ School Managers/ Student and Programme Admin Managers and academics to agree on the final CDMS layout and ensure accuracy of the information
- Liaise with Vice Deans/ Directors of Undergraduate Education/ Directors of Postgraduate Taught Education/ School Managers/ Student and Programme Admin Managers and academics to ensure the accuracy of system records in respect of all validated courses / modules
- Inform the Curriculum Management Board Project Board of updates to the projects and work with the project board to undertake decisions around implementation
- Undertake User Testing and Acceptance for the new Curriculum Design Management System and where appropriate liaise with Preferred Supplier and relevant stakeholders to ensure resolution of any issues identified
- Lead the implementation phase of the project to include the development of training resources. Creating a set of dedicated new training resources for colleagues using the new management system, including written documents, user guides and specialised training materials
- Lead the implementation phase of the Curriculum Management Project to include delivery of training across the College as appropriate for the new Curriculum Design Management System.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including generous annual leave and training and development opportunities. The College has adopted hybrid working for some roles and so some remote working would be possible for this role. The post is based in Egham, Surrey.
This is a fixed term post which is available from the 1st July 2023.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk