|Salary:||£33,000 to £42,000|
|Placed On:||29th September 2023|
|Closes:||23rd October 2023|
London or Leicester, Leicestershire (with hybrid working - 40% - 60% of your time spent in the office)
We’re Learning and Work Institute, an independent policy, research and development organisation dedicated to promoting lifelong learning, full employment and inclusion.
We're focused on the big questions. How do we help more people find work and build careers in a changing jobs market? How do we help people to be active and engaged citizens? How can more adults develop their skills over their lifetime?
We are currently seeking a Research Manager, to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. We will consider part-time hours for the right candidate.
- Salary of £33,000 - £42,000 per annum, depending on experience and location
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 27 days after 5 years’ service
- Extra 6 shutdown days in addition to public holidays and annual leave allowance
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer contribution
- Group Life Assurance 3*salary
- Hybrid working (with 40% - 60% of your time in the office)
- Flexible working practices
- Employee Development Scheme
- Retailer Discounts
- Enhanced occupational maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental pay
- Enhanced occupational sick pay
- Eye care scheme
- Employee Assistance & Wellbeing Programme
- Silver award in Investors in People
As a Research Manager, you will design and manage research and evaluation activities in learning, skills and employment to support our policymakers, commissioners and practitioners.
Managing the full research lifecycle, you will implement research methodologies, lead the analysis of complex evidence and oversee the production of policy reports for a range of audiences.
You will play a leading role in distributing our research with key stakeholders, supporting the development of toolkits and other products to increase engagement and driving change in the delivery of services.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage budgets and resources
- Promote and embed research within our policy, practice and promotion activities
- Support income generation
- Develop effective relationships and networks with national and local organisations
To be considered as a Research Manager, you will need:
- Experience delivering high quality research and evaluation within timeframes and budgets
- Experience using a range of analytical and evaluation techniques
- The ability to develop and use appropriate methods and tools to support research
- The ability to write for and speak to a range of audiences to ensure impact
- The ability to engage a range of stakeholders, funders and partners
- Strong organisational and planning skills including programme, resource and performance management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area
The closing date for this role is 23rd October 2023.
Other organisations might call this role Senior Research Officer, Qualitative Research Manager, Quantitative Research Manager, Mixed Methodologies Researcher, or Work and Employment Research Manager.
Webrecruit and National Learning and Work Institute are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you want to join our pivotal organisation as a Research Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Type / Role: