The Academic Events Coordinator will work closely with the Academic Events Manager and play a key role in the successful execution of academic conferences, seminars, and research initiatives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated person to contribute to our academic community.
- Coordinate and administer logistical, operational, and administrative aspects of events managed or supported by the Academic Events Team.
- Prepare briefing documents and post-event summary reports, incorporating attendee feedback and lessons learned for continuous improvement.
- Work with the School's Marketing Team to promote events through various communication channels.
- Control event costs within the agreed budget and maintain financial records.
- Act as the first point of contact for queries from the Events Assistant, providing guidance and support on relevant policies and processes.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of successfully organizing and coordinating various events, such as conferences, courses, or training programs. Additionally, exceptional written and oral communication skills are crucial, enabling effective collaboration with colleagues at all levels.
Applicants must have the Right to Work within the UK as this position may not amount to enough points under the points-based immigration system in the UK. For more information please visit: https://www.jobs.ox.ac.uk/pre-employment-checks
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Supporting Statement/Cover Letter and Current Salary.
The closing date for applications is 4 December 2023 at 12.00 noon. Interviews will likely take place on either 11 or 12 December 2023.