|Salary:||£46,527 to £52,681 per annum, (Includes London Weighting)|
|Placed On:||21st November 2023|
|Closes:||4th December 2023|
Hours: 35 hours per week - Occasional evening and weekend working is required
Are you methodical, highly organised, great at juggling ten plates and glasses at the same time whilst solving a problem that hasn’t even arisen yet and being calm throughout? Then come and be our Operations Manager at the Mary Ward Settlement!
You will be joining an organisation who is genuinely warm and welcoming, who thrives on nurturing people and their growth. You will work closely with the senior management team, a group of committed, skilled and passionate people who are such a pleasure to work with.
We are a multi service charity who offer adult learning, access to free legal advice and community services that work with the most vulnerable and disadvantaged groups to build stronger communities. Based over three sites in Stratford, Southwark and Holborn we are now in search of an Operations Manager to ensure that our work continues to run smoothly, cost effectively and efficiently and… brilliantly! We also have ambitious plans for growth.
Managing a number of key contracts, events and projects as well as critical front-line operations, you will be a consummate professional who understands what a 1st class experience looks like, possesses well-honed commercial instincts and financial management skills. However, this commerciality must be balanced with genuine, well-developed people skills and a desire to develop and coach your teams.
This is a demanding role and your natural management style will be engaging, confident and proactive. The environment is fast-paced, inevitably unpredictable and constantly changing – you will not only be in step with that pace but be setting the pace.
You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, an attention to detail, and the ability to influence and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including students, clients, staff, and partners.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an Operations Manager to immerse themselves in a successful, interesting and inspiring organisation.
We very actively encourage applications that are representative of the diverse communities that we serve.
Experience in one or more of the following is indicative of the experience and skills set that would be useful in this role but is by no means a prerequisite
• Hotel and / or events management
• Customer service management
1. At least 5 years experience of delivering first class customer service
2. Project and people management experience with diverse teams and broad ranging projects.
3. Experience of managing contracts and relationships with external service providers
4. Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing
5. Positive collaboration, with an ability to bring out the best in those around them
6. Thorough and attentive with an eye for detail
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality
8. Highly organised, methodical and an infectious "can do" attitude
9. Experience of managing high quality events within short time frames and with a tight budget
0. Experience of working at pace, with short deadlines, to a high standard
11. Highly proficient in using Microsoft 365 and other associated IT functions
12. Commercial acumen with the ability to assess risk and plan effectively
1. Experience of working within an education or charity environment
2. Project management qualification
3. Good understanding of social media and marketing
Pension: NEST Pension Scheme (2% Employee and 6% Employer)
Annual Leave: 35 Days plus Bank Holidays
Benefits: Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Regular Training & A Subsidised Course of Your Choice.
Type / Role: