The University of York International Pathway College (IPC), provides new routes for International students to access the transformational higher education programmes of the University of York. The IPC offers high quality programmes designed, academically led, taught and managed by the University.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for the effective academic management of the programmes offered by the IPC. As Academic Director, you will lead a team of teaching staff, ensuring effective use of resources and maintaining high academic standards in line with the University’s quality assurance processes.
You will be performance driven and enjoy working on projects with a number of internal and external stakeholders. Previous academic management experience in the education sector is essential for this new and exciting role at the University of York.
- You will work with the Director of the IPC to ensure the effective management and leadership and delivery of the IPC programmes. This role will be of particular interest to candidates who enjoy working with, and supporting the needs of, international students.
- To lead the design, development and delivery of a range of academic programmes of study and ensure that programme design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations of the College and University.
- To co-ordinate teaching, learning support, assessments and examining, reporting, external examining and cover activities.
- To take responsibility for overseeing, developing and promoting innovative teaching and learning approaches and material, which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
- To monitor and manage the student experience in relation to academic performance, attendance, tutorial provision and all aspects of learning, including the performance of students once they have progressed on to their onward degree.
- To ensure effective use of teaching resources and undertake a range of associated administrative and managerial responsibilities.
- To develop links with internal and external contacts such as our recruitment partner and other educational bodies to foster collaboration, both nationally and internationally.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- Postgraduate degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- PhD in a relevant subject is desirable
- Appropriate academic, professional and/ or teaching qualifications e.g. PGCE, DELTA, or a willingness to obtain Fellowship of the HEA
- Knowledge of pathway sector to design & develop teaching programmes and the provision of learning support specifically for International Students
- Experience in teaching and learning in HE at undergraduate or postgraduate level or in an evidenced similar international context
- Ability to mentor, manage, motivate and coordinate teaching teams, delegating effectively. Ability to resolve performance issues and formulate staff development plans, where appropriate, to ensure team aims are met
- Accurate undertaking of significant departmental administrative and management responsibilities, often to tight deadlines
For informal queries, please contact Matthew Perry, Director of International Pathway College, firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries about your application, please contact HR at email@example.com.
For further information and to apply on-line, please click on the ‘Apply’ button above.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork