Learning Support Lead (6 month FTC) – UCFB Etihad Campus
Location: UCFB Etihad Campus, Manchester
Contract Type: 6 month fixed-term contract
Do you want to be part of a truly unique approach to higher education, one that puts students at the heart of everything we do enabling them to have the best possible chance of a successful career in the football and sports industry?
University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) is a world first in sports education. Delivering university degrees in the football and sports industry, our inspirational campuses in London and Manchester have the iconic Wembley Stadium and the Etihad Stadium at their heart. Proudly the fastest-growing higher education institution in the UK since launching in 2011, we continue to lead the field in producing the next generation of graduates to work in the global football and sports sector.
UCFB also counts a number of elite organisations among its partners, including The Football Association, Kick It Out, the League Managers Association, the National League and the Rugby Football League.
This role will be based at our UCFB Etihad Campus in our state-of-the-art campus devoted to the football business and related industries. Based in and around the Etihad Stadium, the campus is in the heart of one of Europe’s most progressive football facilities.
The post holder will utilise their knowledge and expertise to:
The successful candidate will have a First degree (honours) or equivalent experience in a relevant field and knowledge and experience of the day-to-day delivery of an HE Learning Support service.
Areas of responsibility and accountability include but are not limited to those outlined below:
1. Work collaboratively with all members of the Student Support Department to deliver the Departments first point of contact / front-line enquiry and advice service.
2. Coordinate and contribute to the day to day delivery of the Departments Learning Support provision for all UG and PG students of the Institution. Including but not limited to:
3. Advise and support the Learning Support Advisors to ensure:
4. Working with individual students to support academic engagement and success. Including students:
5. Providing advice and guidance to students and colleagues on Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) including where appropriate:
6. Working collaboratively with Learning Support Leads based at other campus sites to undertake and report on Diagnostic Dyslexia Assessments and to ensure that student learning support needs or challenges are recognised during key events and processes, e.g:
7. Working collaboratively with external providers to ensure identified support provision is in place and to resolve issues or challenges with initial or ongoing support provision
8. Managing the additional support needs equipment repository and working in collaboration with Learning Support colleagues across all campuses to develop business cases in support of development / expansion of the equipment repository
9. Line Manage, support and advise the Learning Support Advisor/s
10. Ensure all support interactions or other appropriate data/data changes are logged accurately, appropriately and in a timely manner and produce relevant analyses and reports
11. Work with the Student Support Manager/s, academic and non-academic colleagues and where appropriate the student body to develop and/or refresh general, operational and student and learning support specific policies, procedures and, process flows
12. Work with Student Support Manager/s and colleagues across the institution to feed into Departmental, Registry and wider UCFB/GIS/GIS strategy
13. Deputise as appropriate for the Student Support Manager and where appropriate, representing the Department at relevant internal committees / groups
14. Support as required the delivery of Institution milestone activities/events e.g. Open/applicant days, outreach events, enrolment, induction, re-induction and, graduation
15. To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB/GIS
16. To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
17. To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
What we offer in return
In return not only will you have the opportunity to make life-transforming, career making education, but we offer a whole range of financial and non-financial benefits too:
Family friendly benefits:
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am - 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, UCFB will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EAA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this role.
|Salary:||£24,510 to £31,212 (Circa) per annum pro rata depending upon qualifications & experience|
|Placed On:||23rd June 2022|
|Closes:||6th July 2022|
Type / Role:
Your PhD alert has been successfully created for this search.
Your job alert has been successfully created for this search.Ok Ok
Your PhD alert has been successfully created for this search.
Your job alert has been successfully created for this search.Manage your job alerts Manage your job alerts
In order to create multiple job alerts, you must first verify your email address to complete your account creationRequest verification email Request verification email
In order to create multiple alerts, you must create a jobs.ac.uk jobseeker accountCreate Account Create Account
Unfortunately, your account is currently blocked. Please login to unblock your account.
We received a delivery failure message when attempting to send you an email and therefore your email address has been blocked. You will not receive job alerts until your email address is unblocked. To do so, please choose from one of the two options below.
A maximum of 5 Job Alerts can be created against your account. Please remove an existing alert in order to create this new Job AlertManage your job alerts Manage your job alerts
A maximum of 500 Saved Jobs can be created against your account. Please remove an existing Saved Job in order to add a new Saved Job.Manage Saved Jobs