King’s College London are currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to provide professional project management in the day-to-day running of multiple projects through the entire project lifecycle to deliver to the needs of the organisation, within set budget, timescales, and quality.
King’s has committed to a significant capital investment to improve IT infrastructure, applications, and services throughout the College. As a Senior Project Manager, you will need to be a driven and high performing individual.
You will provide professional project management in the day-to-day running of projects. Initiating projects and managing through the entire lifecycle to deliver the needs of the organisation and identified benefits within budget, timescales, and quality constraints.
The successful candidate will be expected to build relationships across a wide stakeholder community and business partners. They will be highly motivated and organised to ensure the projects are delivered to the highest quality and delivering true benefit to the organisation.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, planning and leadership skills. They will be innovative and have experience working with industry standard project management tools and methodologies.
The role may be responsible for Project Managers and/or Project Coordinators and responsible to the Programme Manager / Head of Portfolio.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent. However, we would consider part time applications.
- Define, document, and successfully deliver IT projects across the college
- Ensure that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained
- Monitor and control resources, revenue, and capital costs against the project budget
- Provide line management and/or mentoring to Project coordinators/Junior Project Managers as required
- Manage expectations of all project stakeholders and suppliers to ensure effective planning, delivery, and communications
- Matrix manage staff, contractors and vendors, where appropriate, to ensure on time, on budget and agreed quality outcomes to projects and initiatives
- Contribute to the creation of benefits realisation plans as part of each project
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Education to degree standard and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
- PRINCE2, PMQ or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Significant experience of managing projects
- Excellent project management skills and working knowledge and experience of using formal project management methodologies
- Significant experience of managing, inspiring, engaging and motivating a team and colleagues to achieve excellent results
- Significant line management experience
- Ability to identify and manage priorities
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Project Online
- Agile DSDM, AgilePM and/or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Appreciation of the contemporary problems and issues facing the HE sector