Based in the heart of Cambridge, St Catharine's College is looking to appoint a full time IT Support Assistant to join our busy, friendly IT team, providing a first class service for our college community.
The successful candidate will deliver information services and technology support to students, staff, fellows, and guests. They will support the IT Manager and IT Operations Manager to maintain and upgrade the Colleges IT Infrastructure.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- A collaborative worker who is self-motivated and approachable with a “can-do” attitude
- Well-organised and able to balance and prioritise ‘business as usual activities with unplanned events
- A-Level educated or equivalent with strong IT and Audio-Visual skills and previous experience of delivering 1st and 2nd line support
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently to offer customer-focused helpdesk support
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Being the 1st line support contact for all general and technical IT and AV enquires. This includes troubleshooting, installing hardware/software, configuring new computer devices, training, and provision of documentation
- Performing daily checks of the student computer rooms, server rooms and AV facilities and take remedial action as necessary
- Providing IT and AV support for all College meeting rooms facilities, including internal and external conferences and daily AV setups as required
- Assisting with upgrading and maintaining the Colleges IT Infrastructure
- Ensuring that best practices and industry standards are adhered to including cyber security, information security, data protection and data integrity
Employment Benefits include:
- Salary between FTE £29,000 and £31,000 p.a. depending on skills and experience.
- Full time hours of work are 37.5 per week.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year, in addition to 8 Public Holidays (pro rata for part-time employees).
- A free lunch in the College Dining Hall on working days.
- Generous defined contribution pension provision with salary exchange arrangements.
- Access to the College’s Cycle to Work voucher scheme and the ability to register for Childcare Vouchers via www.gov.uk.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- A range of family friendly benefits, including generous maternity and paternity benefits above statutory requirements.
- Free use of a small on-site gym.
- Access to purchase the College’s private Health Care scheme.
- Access to staff wellbeing and employee assistance support.
- Free life assurance (death in service benefit) with probate and bereavement support.
In order to apply, please submit a completed application form and send it along with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role. Please also complete and submit an Equality and Diversity monitoring form.
All documents should be emailed to: email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is 9am on Friday 24 February 2023.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the application window early so we encourage early applications.
Previous applicants need not apply.